Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    But every other episode of Mando… was also meh, but the overall package was good, am hoping similar here, because even the duff episodes of Mando had bits of the important storyline 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    Just finished episode 2 - glad to see Boba becoming a bit more of a badass. Kind of had the same feeling when the Mandalorian started - they're supposed to be all kinds of dangerous, but he seemed slow, lethargic and weak.

Still, it's looking good for future episodes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24201
    Episode 3 was so bad.

Boba Fett was supposed to be the deadliest BH in the galaxy. The guy that Vader called to get shit done.

They've turned him into a sort of down market Captain Picard negotiate with everyone peace and love eijit (without Sir Pat's acting skills) and have damaged his legend.

If he's old and past it now, they should have done his story from before Empire, and left him just as a cameo in the Mandalorian.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    You are forgetting that Star Wars has to work for 12 year olds.  Most of us grew up liking Star Wars from when we were young.  They can't make it too dark because it has to appeal to that audience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Everything points to the rest of the series picking up pace. 

I really like the time spent with the Tuskens that was excellent, if a little bit derivative:

People are looking closely at who is directing what - with Rodriguez directing 3 and back for 7 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 984
    edited January 2022
    A Man Called Horse, a scene from Bullit turned into an episoide - what rip off's next?  The 7 sam...
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    Yeah…. Episode 3…. That was pretty shit. 

Why can nothing be a total badass anymore? Boba is full on hippie mode, rancors now have feelings, and the master assassin is a glorified errand person. 

Disappointing so far. As someone else mentioned, Boba was meant to be the one person Vader called to get shit done. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    What day do new episodes get uploaded?

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    sev112 said:
    What day do new episodes get uploaded?

Wednesdays
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    crunchman said:
    You are forgetting that Star Wars has to work for 12 year olds.  

Wait, what?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Enjoyed e4. Does anyone know how long Fett was supposed to have been with the Tuskens for? I'd assumed 6 months to a year but he said it'd been years. The Guardian today gave the show a really shitty review, apparently a perma-helmet'd monosyllabic Fett would have satisfied the fifty going on twelve something's that remembered him being cool in the eighties. I have to admit, I rather like old fat bald animal loving Fett. Bring on e5.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    edited January 2022
    Yeah after last week's, e4 was much better. I guess that a lot of the older fans have wanted to see the younger Boba Fett, helmet on, and the story of why he was the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy. But that would be too much like The Mandalorian which was brilliant for being a new thing with new characters.
    Telling this part of Boba's life instead makes sense and gives it a different tone. You can't please some people.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6988
    DiscoStu said:
    Yeah after last week's, e4 was much better. I guess that a lot of the older fans have wanted to see the younger Boba Fett, helmet on, and the story of why he was the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy. But that would be top much like The Mandalorian which was brilliant for being a new thing with new characters.
    Telling this part of Boba's life instead makes sense and gives it a different tone. You can't please some people.
    I think the whole “The Adventures of Young (insert character here)” notion never really works; there’s no sense of tension, as you know they’re going to survive whatever this week’s episode throws at them.  And you already know where they end up, so there’s no fascinating character development.  Post-ROTJ Fett is the correct one to dramatise, even if I’m not particularly enjoying it so far.

apparently a perma-helmet'd monosyllabic Fett would have satisfied the fifty going on twelve something's that remembered him being cool in the eighties.
    Ah… that would be me.  Not 50 yet though ;)

• @Cols It's me too but the dark side compels me to not act my age.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    Enjoyed that....best episode so far for me - 1st 3 have been a little bit meh.

Here's hoping it ramps up a bit now - it feels like its building up to it..
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Still pretty meh IMHO, Ming-Na is good as a cold-eyed killer semi-robot.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    Was the music just before the end credits the Mandalorian theme?  Possible hint of a crossover.
  • neilg said:
    Was the music just before the end credits the Mandalorian theme?  Possible hint of a crossover.
    Yep, I thought the same.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Jennifer Beals as the bar owner nearly makes it good !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • neilg said:
    Yep, I thought the same.
    Well, given that it played a few times in this episode I’d bloody hope so! :mrgreen:

This one sets up Fett and Shard going and interrupting Dinn when the Razor Crest gets destroyed and Grogu gets taken. 

I’m still hopeful for at least an appearance of Bossk, Dengar, and/or Zuckuss and 4-LOM. Having Krranstan around in live-action is brilliant, but there’s always room for more bounty hunters and mercs!