1Q22 Challenge. Kits available.

GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349

If the doctor lets me back to work early next week, I will get stuck in to making some kits available for the 1Q 22 challenge. I already have 2 black guard T/C's available. I’m planning to do a couple of LP juniors DCs and single cuts, plus 2 double P90 RB6’s (the one’s that look like Les Pauls).

If anybody is interested in one of these kits, do message me and I will give you the full breakdown and price of what you get in the kit.

Happy New Year everybody.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Anyone wondering about getting involved in the 1Q22 challenge - any of these would be a great place to start. 

You'd be getting an excellent basic body/neck (incomparable to the cheapy chinese alternatives).  Then you just decide what hardware and finishing you want, and then "just" stick it all together ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    GSPBASSES said:

If the doctor lets me back to work early next week, I will get stuck in to making some kits available for the 1Q 22 challenge. I already have 2 black guard T/C's available. I’m planning to do a couple of LP juniors DCs and single cuts, plus 2 double P90 RB6’s (the one’s that look like Les Pauls).

If anybody is interested in one of these kits, do message me and I will give you the full breakdown and price of what you get in the kit.

Happy New Year everybody.

Graham, dont forget one of the juniors is mine!
    pm’d
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Wot? No basses? :)

A second would suffice, provided that it had a neck pocket to accept a Jazz Bass neck.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    PM'd
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Graham. Great to see you back in circulation.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    edited December 2021 tFB Trader
    Wot? No basses?

A second would suffice, provided that it had a neck pocket to accept a Jazz Bass neck.
    There will be at least one bass, either a P or J. 

The problem with supplying a Jazz bass body or a P Bass body, there is no real standard pocket size they can vary by several millimetres. I've just finished a Fender Bird with the customer supplying a genuine Fender neck that was nowhere near the size that it should've been. Although I suppose you can't really say that as it was a genuine Fender, but it was different to the last couple of bodies I've made to take Fender necks.

TTony said:
    Anyone wondering about getting involved in the 1Q22 challenge - any of these would be a great place to start. 

You'd be getting an excellent basic body/neck (incomparable to the cheapy chinese alternatives).  Then you just decide what hardware and finishing you want, and then "just" stick it all together ...
    I am planning to supply a full kit all the electrics and hardware, a standard TC kits will be supplied with Wilkinson pick ups and hardware. But there will be an option but quite expensive to go Bearknuckle or Hot Rod pick ups.

The juniors and RB6's will have Hot Rod P90's, 

The reason I'm back in action is basically on doctors orders well sort of, won't bore you with the details. I'll be back in the workshop Tuesday, I still won't be taking direct commissions un less they are fairly standard. One of the things that I will be expanding on, is making neck's from solid Rosewood and Ebony. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    GSPBASSES said:

One of the things that I will be expanding on, is making neck's from solid Rosewood and Ebony. 

And I’d concluded that Santa hadn’t received my wish list!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    GSPBASSES said:
    I've just finished a Fender Bird
    Now, a body like that, drilled for a Fender/Gotoh/BadAss type bridge and a pocket to accept a 63mm screw-on neck would be VERY INTERESTING. :)
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    I've just finished a Fender Bird
    Now, a body like that, drilled for a Fender/Gotoh/BadAss type bridge and a pocket to accept a 63mm screw-on neck would be VERY INTERESTING. :)
    What pick ups, all the fender birds I’ve made up to now have had some kind of soap bar handmade for the job.

I would require pickup cavities for EMG35-sized soapbars. (Either actual EMG35s or Seymour Duncan NYC passives.) First, I need to contemplate exactly where I need the routs.
    tFB Trader
    I do have a Fenderbird almost finished, the pick up rout's are for EMG 35s, they are placed where most of the Fenderbird's had there pick ups. It does take a Fender PBass neck 62mm neck pocket. There's still a bit of work to do to it, it's available if anyone wants it if @Funkfingers doesn't take it.

Along as it isn't drilled for a Gibson three stud bridge, I am interested. How much?
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    ooh I missed this, just as I missed any relevant sales in the past. I'll probably regret this but anyway - any chance of a lefty Tele?

tFB Trader

NPP said:
    ooh I missed this, just as I missed any relevant sales in the past. I'll probably regret this but anyway - any chance of a lefty Tele?

I haven’t got one in stock, but there could be one in the not too distant future, most likely not in time to join into this challenge.

• NPPNPP Frets: 236
    GSPBASSES said:

NPP said:

I haven’t got one in stock, but there could be one in the not too distant future, most likely not in time to join into this challenge.
    thank you! Do drop me a message when it becomes available; I don't mind if it's too late for the challenge.

GSPBASSES said:
    Fenderbird … almost finished … available … if Funkfingers doesn't take it.
    Reader, I bought it. :)

Should arrive mid week. Project bass unlikely to be completed in time for the kit building thread.