Budget keyboard

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3670
    edited January 2022
    Roland Juno DS61.. amazing keyboard.., every piano, epiano, organ and synth sound you could want.  Very impressed.   Weighs hardly anything too.  Got sample triggering pads and a vocoder too.

Lot easier to gig with than my old heavyweight keyboards.

i looked at the VR-09 and MX options too for a long time choosing,  arpeggiator was a decider.   For drawbars, the VR-09 might be best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    edited January 2022
    I've a Yamaha MOXF6 sat in the cupboard not doing much. If you're interested, drop me a line. Weighs in at ~7kg, has gig bag and internal memory upgrade (I'd have to check size). Sounds excellent but I ended up going for something smaller and more gimmicky for messing around on. This is very much more a performance synth. I umm and ahh about moving it on given it's not getting any use but I always think I'll revisit it and explore the sounds more at some point. Doesn't help that I can't play, I just like creating noises.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 841
    edited January 2022
    I think we need a budget.....  OP mentioned its a budget keyboard hes looking for - but what is that?

£1000 is relatively budget for me (at the moment).... but I know others that would balk at £100.

I don’t need loads of sounds, just decent organs, E.P’s, and a reasonable piano.

Then IMO the choice is a simple one.   The Roland VR730.   Proper premium waterfall keys (the 09 are smaller, more plastic keys and it isn't a waterfall bed - though its the same organ engine).  Top notch organs sounds with real drawrbars (as good as the Nords - but which youd prefer is personal).   The 730 has Rolands V Piano in it (the 07 doesn't).  The Pianos are "to taste" some dont like Roland Pianos) but there decent - and the EPs are nicer than the Nord I think (acoustic pianos arnt) - certainly up there.

Add to that theres actually a fully fledged VA synth engine on board - you cant edit the sounds from the panel (though you can play them) BUT from the PC editor you can - then save them to onboard slots for recall. 

There just under a grand new but Ive seen them go for £600 used..

if your even considering the VR09 - the 7630 adds the synth engine (dont think the VR one is editable in the way the 730 is), V-Pianos and waterfall keybed....  its a no brainer.
  •  Doesn't help that I can't play, I just like creating noises.
    Then you dont need a performance board - just a decent proper synth lol.
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
     Doesn't help that I can't play, I just like creating noises.
    Then you dont need a performance board - just a decent proper synth lol.
    I know that now :lol: If you want to give your lovely Pro 3 away, I'm sure I could find a space for it that wasn't a cupboard :wink: