SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Ltd Edition ES-335, Gibson Trucks SG, PRS Rich Hannon Special, Huber KII added

What's Hot
bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 62
edited January 21 in Guitars £
Hi all, Happy New Year!

First up is a 2018 Limited Edition Gibson ES-335 Sixties ('61) finished in Heritage Cherry. Made in the Memphis factory (I'm sure there are more of you out there far more knowledgeable than I on these matters but all I know it's the nearest I'll get to owning the real thing.)

Condition wise it is exactly as it came from the factory, it's been a case queen that I am frankly terrified of taking out of the case but she's too pretty to languish in her sarcophagus. I bought her originally from Coda Music, have all the case candy, tags, even cut out the carton label and kept that with the guitar. 

Specification wise featuring a 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple body with a Silver Leaf Maple centre block and Adirondack Spruce bracing, it's finished in a classic Sixties Cherry, it really does look impressive in the flesh so to speak, looks every bit the vintage guitar intended but with no dings or associated price tag. 

The neck is Quartersawn Mahogany; it features a bound Dark Rosewood fingerboard, with pearloid dot inlays. 22 frets, a 12" radius and a 24.75" scale length. Pickups are Memphis Historic Spec humbuckers, slightly underwound and feature unbalanced coils for a historic sound I'm told, I wasn't around in the sixties to verify that claim!

Taking information from the GAK site for the same model limited to 100 pieces worldwide https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-memphis-2018-limited-1961-es-335-sixties-cherry-sn-80058

It does sound lovely through my Tweed combo, frankly the thing just sings unplugged and that's typically my go to mode with her!

Difficult to know where to price this as prices are sky rocketing all the time on our favourite wooden things, I'll start at £3,850 £3,500 £3,250 hoping to have a cup of coffee and chat with someone who may give her a good home and me some brownie points with the better half of my bank account.

Next, 2014 Gibson USA, Derek Trucks SG.

I just love how this thing looks and sounds but I'm a Strat guy at heart so again an ornament in a sarcophagus which is criminal. 

Specification includes: Mahogany body finished in a vintage red stain, a lyre style tail piece which adds ornamentation and also balances out the neck to my mind at least. The neck is slim and comfy. 57 classic pickups and vintage style tuners complete the show. Comes with the original Gibson USA case with the paperwork complete. 

Condition wise again it's immaculate apart from a small just barely through the lacquer on the underside of the lower devil horn, have included a photo. 

Would £1,450 £1,250 £1,150 be a fitting price for such a guitar?

Finally and this one I know will be through certain regret filled eyes I list my 2010 PRS Rich Hannon Special. I saw this one at a Birmingham Guitar show as a centrepiece on the PRS stand (Headline music at the time if my old memory serves). I'm not a fan of super flamey PRS' and this for some reason just spoke to me. 

It is a weapon of a thing that can cover all the bases one (with my limited talent at least) could wish to explore. 

So legend has it that there were only 30 of these models made worldwide. For those that don't know Rich he was PRS Topcoat Manager and to help commemorate Experience PRS 2009, he added racing stripes and birds to guitar bodies. Those guitars were extremely popular, so at the request of several customers, they selected another batch of guitars for Rich to experiment with. Rich's goal was to keep the "dipped in glass" finish that PRS is known for while giving the guitars a distinct, aged look. The result is the "RH 2010" Special.  

The whole body, neck and head stock has the 'bleached' aged process, to give it a distinctive look, with plenty of character and then the usual PRS shiny gloss lacquer applied, in the flesh it looks amazing. 

Specs for this are Mahogany Body, Maple top...well you can read the hang tags hang on a sec. I'll upload the pictures...there's a pull to activate all manner of electronic pickup splittery of course.

Price wise, I don't want to sell it, I've not seen another for a long while (2 will pop on eBay overnight no doubt) and the PRS train is tanking towards small car money...so I'll set this one at £2,800 £2,450 £2,200, final price drop before ebay £1,950, time wasters on eBay now dropped to £1,800 ono, SOLD

Sorry about the dust!! Crikey should've checked that one, that's how long she's been in the sarcophagus for!

I'd rather not ship, I live in deepest darkest border of Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire but love a drive, I work the other side of Leicester and Kettering a few times a week and I have been known to meet some of the fine gentleman of this parish at services better known to truckers and ladies of the night (allegedly). 

Not looking for trades at this time, an incoming Krautster has raised eyebrows and cries of one in one out have forced my hand into submission. 

Regards,
Dimitri

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A wee Sunday bump 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Hey, hope you're well! Well, that's a nice collection - I particularly like the 335. I have one of the new 345's (really a posh 335) or else I'd be arranging a furtive meeting again in a secluded layby.

Deal with @bubblecar with the utmost confidence, folks.
    Call me Dave.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    What a collection, some fantastic looking guitars there. 
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 98
    edited January 2022
    The 335 is making me feel all wobbly, if/when my Novo finds a new home Ill be in touch!!
  • @DB1 Thank you for the kind words hope all is well with you and yours sir. I was seriously contemplating the gold number but my bank account guardian reminded me of the peril I may have been exposed to! Glad it’s found a home. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    What a lovely trio of interesting guitars…..nicely photographed too.

I will look forward to the Krautster II NGD thread.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • Bump with a £ adjustment
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    The woodgrain on that 335 is just stunning. What a  beautiful instrument. I love the Trucks SG too.. and am sorely tempted.  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • @equalsql The folks at Memphis knocked it out the park with the wood selection on the 335, this top has lots of movement it’s just a lovely object. The Trucks different and not something you see every day. 
  • Price drop bump.
  • The neck on those Trucks SGs are cracking, incredible price too.
  • bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 62
    Bump, spring is nearly here.
  • I'm interested in the Trucks if the sale doesn't go through. 
  • 335 and PRS available 
    edited November 2022
    PRS Price drop, Trucks back on the slab. 

I bought this beautiful Silver Sky a short while back, had it set-up by John Haire in Peterborough, she plays like butter but I've got some other S type guitars that are my go to. Asking for £1650 which I hope is a fair price and a significant saving over new. Have all the hang tags, the gig bag is lovely. One small impression on the lower bout and a small impression on the rear are the only things stopping this being a flawless example. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price drop £3,150 for the 335, have an eBay offer but would love her go to a forum member
  • Silver Sky now sold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 335 reduced to £3,000 on the nose
    edited January 2023
    Nik Huber Krautster II Gold Top, £2,250. Fantastic condition. (comes with a black and cream pick guard giving the new custodian options)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price drop on the PRS to £1800
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom