SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2014 Gibson R9 - lemon burst near mint. SWAP?

PaulButtPaulButt Frets: 49
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Sold - 2014 Gibson Les Paul R9 - this guitar is outstanding in every way. It has one small dink on the left side of the body (see pics). Besides that it is essentially mint. 2014/15 R9 guitars are highly sought after and this guitar demonstrates exactly why.

The guitar comes with its original Lifton case and all the case candy.

I'm looking for a trade for the following -
* A very special Les Paul Custom (i.e. vintage / or rarer model). Black or white only.
* a PRS private stock (ideally with trem).
* Collings City Limits.
* Nik Huber Orca.
* I will also consider multiple guitars in trade. A standars LPC and another quality guitar would be of particular interest.
*£4200 cash.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Absolutely beautiful top. Why are 2014 R9’s particularly sought after? If you don’t mind me asking. There was no R9 in 2015 as far as I’m aware, just a CS9
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Norlin4life if you have a quick look online you'll find lots of info. My limited understanding of it is that 2014/15 was when they were introducing the 'historic' range and lots of those appointments went onto the 2014/15 R9s. So, I think, the theory is that youre get something very close to a 'historic' spec guitar (historic were around £12k new) for less money. I believe this guitar has a hand selected top. It's an amazing guitar. Thanks for your kind words.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 380
    yes 2014 is when they finally got it right in terms of historic appointments like hide glues etc etc.. 
    that doesn’t mean that they made bad guitars during previous years but, for those to whom such things matter, 2014 was the year apparently.. 

Stunning guitar, GLWTS
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    PM
  • Thanks guys. FYI if anybody wants to discuss any potential deals etc you can get me on 07538 460772. Cheers.