Anyone bought a Strat loaded pickguard from Northwest guitars? Confused...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    You probably need a nut on each pot shaft to pack it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FlipFlip Frets: 68
    AFAIK pots are supplied with two nuts and two washers so you can set the knob height to suit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flip said:
    AFAIK pots are supplied with two nuts and two washers so you can set the knob height to suit.
    Nope, not these.  I raised this with Northwest Guitars, sending them the photo of the control knobs sitting about 3mm above the pickguard. Their response was that CTS pots only came with one washer and so there's was nothing they could do about it. 

I've sorted this now and fitted my pickguard, having to cannabalise another of my pickguards for several parts. In summary their 'no fuss' loaded pickguard had the following issues (two new ones not mentioned previously):

-Control knobs sitting high above pickguard when they should be almost flush (used my own washers to fit underneath)
    -Missing ground wire to connect to term claw (referred to in their website in their instructions)
    -Lower tone capacitor fitted at awkward angle making it impossible to fit pickguard without bending it round (and risking snapping the legs)
    -Huge rubber risers used to set pickup height, which when squashed (pickups raised to ease installation) oozed over the sides making fitting the pickups into the body cavities difficult (removed them and used my own).

I raised all these issues with them, asked for a full refund or a partial refund given the extra parts I had to provide not to mention my extra labour time fixing it, they  apologised and offered to send me an earth wire.

Can't wait to get the feedback request email.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom