SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

BOTH SOLD Gretsch Electro 135th Anniversary (Early 90's V1 USA Telecaster Plus SOLD)

The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 102
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
2018 Gretsch Electromatic 135th Anniversary

I bought this new from Coda when they were first released. In fact Doug was at the Gretsch stand at NAMM when I contacted him about grabbing one and we sorted out my order there and then! 

It's in brand new condition as I've used it at home a lot due to it doubling as an acoustic when I'm noodling in the evenings. 
It plays great, sounds excellent and really sustains if you want it to. I think the black top filtertrons are really great and I'd intended to swap them out but quickly changed my mind! 

All the info and specs are here on the Gretsch site https://www.gretschguitars.com/features/135th-anniversary

These did not come with a case, gigbag or anything of the kind so posting is out of the equation but I will happily drive/meet half way if anyone wished to do that. 
Offers around £550 welcomed

TELE PLUS SOLD I have personally owned this telecaster plus since circa 1995. It was bought new by the gent that I bought it from to use as a stand in while his original 50's telecaster was in California with Fender for a refret!!! 

Best known as the Jonny Greenwood telecaster this is all original, in exceptional condition, bar one tiny little chip on the back edge, and comes with the original case. 

I had it re-fretted about 7 years ago as I played it a LOT when I was in my late teens and early 20's. It's had very little playing time since then for reasons I can't explain and is really about as clean as you'd expect for a guitar of this age. 

I'd call the neck a D profile. It's not slim or skinny but it's not a C shape I don't think. The fretboard is DARK and really lovely under the fingers. 

It's a decent weight, around 8lbs going by my bathroom scale checking and taking an average. 

The lace sensor pups are really excellent and nothing like "noiseless" or other pups of this ilk. The mini toggle lets you select either of the bridge single coils or pair them up for full humbucker mode. The neck pickup is sublime, it is really full frequency and strong. 

Offers around £1250 welcomed. I can post as I have a box and packing but it would be at the arrangement, cost and risk of the buyer. Collection from Central Scotland preferred and I'm happy to travel to meet halfway too

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8072
    OMG! That Gretsch is totally lush! :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13364
    That Tele Plus is lovely and an absolute bargain.  I was in the market for one some while back and they command loopy prices.  £1250 is a total steal.  GLWTS.
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    Do you have more pictures of the Tele plus? Say of the chip and the fret job? Thanks 
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 102
    edited January 2022
    Rocky1991 said:
    Do you have more pictures of the Tele plus? Say of the chip and the fret job? Thanks 
    Ill grab some photos tomorrow and put them up
  • Some extra photos as requested.. I wish I hadn't taken them as I'm getting reattached, it really is a lovely guitar and very well put together.

The neck has some lovely figuring and it's a great dark piece of rosewood board. All the screws and hardware have aged nicely and are slightly dulled too and even the pickguard isn't white, it's lost its stark white-ness and looks really cool. I guess I haven't really noticed these details before as I've seen it everyday for 25 years!!