Anyone own or previously owned a supro black magick reverb?

What's Hot
jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
Anyone have any experience of a supro black magick reverb?
I love this tone which I’m fairly certain is one:
https://youtu.be/QEKQPL6Sxj0
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    No -one?
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    I don't think Supro have really been a big seller here, you don't see them come up often
    I don't think Supro have really been a big seller here, you don't see them come up often
    I realise they are rare in the UK but there’s usually someone on here with experience of most gear.
  • A search of the forum suggests both @Legionreturns and @JamesSGBrown have posted about owning one before. 
  • Fantastic amps. Regret selling mine. Couldn’t get a bad sound out of it- BM head / cab. 
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Seems to be popular among some Nashville session guys too, like Derek Wells.
  • A search of the forum suggests both @Legionreturns and @JamesSGBrown have posted about owning one before. 
    I have the original, non reverb one and it's sensational!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Fantastic amps. Regret selling mine. Couldn’t get a bad sound out of it- BM head / cab. 
    Good to know. They are a bit like hens teeth it seems.
    A search of the forum suggests both @Legionreturns and @JamesSGBrown have posted about owning one before. 
    There's one for sale locally but I think I need master volume and I'm also a reverb junkie.
  • jimkehoe said:
    A search of the forum suggests both @Legionreturns and @JamesSGBrown have posted about owning one before. 
    There's one for sale locally but I think I need master volume and I'm also a reverb junkie.
    I run mine in my studio, so I can have it as loud as I want. Generally though, it responds very well to pedals in front, and I can run it at lower volumes with a Thorpy Peacekeeper and a Keeley Caverns in front, backed up by my HXFX for anything weird and wonderful. It records beautifully. 

FWIW, I tried the reverb version when I got this, and found it not quite as inspiring and a bit more sterile. Possibly the raw feel of the non master, played with the guitar volume controlling the breakup. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    jimkehoe said:
    I run mine in my studio, so I can have it as loud as I want. Generally though, it responds very well to pedals in front, and I can run it at lower volumes with a Thorpy Peacekeeper and a Keeley Caverns in front, backed up by my HXFX for anything weird and wonderful. It records beautifully. 

FWIW, I tried the reverb version when I got this, and found it not quite as inspiring and a bit more sterile. Possibly the raw feel of the non master, played with the guitar volume controlling the breakup. 
    Worth bearing in mind. Thanks for the update 
  • jimkehoe said:
    Fantastic amps. Regret selling mine. Couldn’t get a bad sound out of it- BM head / cab. 
    The Little Guitar Shop in Brum has one in stock- head and cab, Shoot me a message
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1327
    Never owned one but got to crank one at a store once. It was lovely sounding - for me the Magick (see what I did there) with this amp was riding the thing with the guitar's volume knob...old school...

Complete overkill for home use of course - in terms of both cost (over a grand) and volume....
    but I think that way about pretty much all valve amps as regards home use in my opinion.
    (oil and water was the zinger phrase I once heard someone say on the gear page years ago...).
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I wish, beautiful amps.
    jimkehoe said:
    The Little Guitar Shop in Brum has one in stock- head and cab, Shoot me a message
    Not looking for a new one. Hopefully a second hand head.
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    I am about to list one on here later today.
    pm if interested and can send photos it is the master volume reverb one
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    We had one in for repair in Jan...broken MV pot, Supro sent one out FoC which was nice.

Build quality? Not great (I certainly wouldn't take one on tour) BUT it sounded absolutely fantastic.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom