SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Mosrite USA standard model

What's Hot
Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Rare Mosrite USA model reissue based on the 1964 specs is up for sale. This one comes with original case candy and is in immaculate condition! Looking for £1700 and based in London. Interested in trades like a nice Precision Bass

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 595
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    edited January 2022
    Can you not see the pics? I see them....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Looks like a very cool guitar. Don’t think I have seen a US model before. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3868
    wasn't mosrite originally american?
    edited January 2022
    yes, Mosrite was a US company but after the owner died, nobody thought to extend the copyright of the trademark name and a couple of Japanese companies went to war to claim it. From what I understand a shrewd Japanese businessman bought the name or something like that. There is Fillmore and Kurukomo in Japan currently making Mosrites. I've had them all, from the originals in the 60's to both the current makers. After 4 of them this red beauty was the last one standing. The main difference between the new ones and old ones are the frets. The current ones had slightly higher fretwire making it easier to play and do bends
  • Been watching this for ages- gorgeous! GLWTS
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Loobs said:
    wasn't mosrite originally american?
    I could be thinking of Eastwood or something like that. This looks fantastic. 
    Bump, would be interested in a trade for a P bass
    Bump, am looking for £1600 or would trade for a USA Fender, Tele or Jazzmaster
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    Don’t want to hikack thread but what model did the Ramones guitarist play ?
    No worries. Mosrites are best known for the Ventures and Ramones, Johnny bought a Ventures 2 model, it is not this one and not the same as the Ventures model, his was more a student model, so cheaper. Kind of like a Mustang vs a Strat. Johnny put in the dimarzio humbucker and tom style bridge and tailpiece. He also said his sound was so loud and distorted it didn't matter what guitar he played but nevertheless he stuck with Mosrites.
    The Mosrite does have a unique neck, narrow and thin, so you can easily do barre chords all over the neck, so that is why i think he liked playing mosrites as he was always playing barre powerchords. He has been pictured in the studio with a red Ventures model though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump