SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Jet Js400 ——— SOLD

What's Hot
flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
I’ve finally decided to let this one go - absolutely fantastic bang for the buck guitar, but I’m desperately trying to raise some extra funds for a Ricky bass I’m after.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Lovely colour that. May I ask why you are selling it?
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    blueskunk said:
    Lovely colour that. May I ask why you are selling it?
    @blueskunk  Decided to keep - to good to let go
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2022
    Good Choice. I have just got mine back from the guitar set up man, Dennis. He knows his guitars and has been around the block in terms of music. 

He was really impressed with the build quality. We all know the electrics will be the place they save money when making these guitars. I decided to get some Alnicos which luckily enough came with the wiring loom, pots and switches. They came out of a Fender Player Strat and sound so bloody good it’s unreal. 

It came to me in brand new condition and the pickups were very useable but I just prefer Alnicos. It’s played well but could tell it could be better hence going for the full set up and new strings. 

I have just been playing it unplugged and it’s lovely, light and resonant, like a good Strat should be

If you are local to Manchester and fancy checking mine out, you more than welcome to pop in, have a brew and see what you think
    What’s the Humbucker like? That Pink is beautiful and very cool mate. 
  • What a tease.....................................
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought 4 of these on a whim to check what the quality control was like, other than a markable difference in weight between the pink/green/white and sunburst models they are ALL spectacular for the ££££s, for 150 quid they kind of make a mockery of the 'name' brands to be honest 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
     Why tempted to try one of these, despite not needing another strat. Always wanted a seafoam green fender. These look a decent alternative.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    SIME1963 said:
    I bought 4 of these on a whim to check what the quality control was like, other than a markable difference in weight between the pink/green/white and sunburst models they are ALL spectacular for the ££££s, for 150 quid they kind of make a mockery of the 'name' brands to be honest 
    would you say on par with a mexican player series but worse pickups/pots  or on par with a classic vibe ? .
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    mark123 said:
    SIME1963 said:
    I bought 4 of these on a whim to check what the quality control was like, other than a markable difference in weight between the pink/green/white and sunburst models they are ALL spectacular for the ££££s, for 150 quid they kind of make a mockery of the 'name' brands to be honest 
    would you say on par with a mexican player series but worse pickups/pots  or on par with a classic vibe ? .
    I'd say Classic Vibe probably. I'm going to put a new bridge on mine because the saddles and grub screws are quite poor, and new strings, but the pickups are really good and the rest of it is ridiculously good value for money. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    edited January 2022
    Gerz6558 said:
     Why tempted to try one of these, despite not needing another strat. Always wanted a seafoam green fender. These look a decent alternative.
    Hello there @Gerz6558 I think we live in close proximity and I have a Seafoam Green model with maple neck. If you want to have a go to see if you like them, let me know mate. 

Mine just got back from Dennis in Heywood where he replaced the electrics and stuck some Alnico 5s in for me. His set ups are really good and this is as good as it will ever be.  He was mega impressed with the build quality and agrees this was a proper bargain. 

I could have lived with the stock pickups but knew eventually I would have wanted to swap the ceramics out. It made sense to do this whilst it was being set up. 

Most new guitars need to be adjusted to personal taste but it played fine when I got it. Now it’s genuinely a very good guitar and to my ears , the Alnico 5s are perfect in all positions. They came still on the wiring loom which came out of a Fender Player Strat

@Mark123 I have had all manner of Fender Strats and a few Classic Vibes along the way. 

At the price point, it’s to be expected they have to save money somewhere so that would be the electrics. Saying that, we are all guitar nuts, the average person would not have any issues with them. 

I don’t think there would be any different to the classic vibes. Now mine has the wiring loom and pickups which came out a Fender Player Strat, I’d be happy to put it up against Classic Vibes and the Player Strat. 

If anyone is local to me and wants to check the guitar before buying one, you are more than welcome to check it out. 

BTW, the stock pickups are ceramics are very loud and hot to my ears, I believe the original Fender Player series had similar pickups. I just love the “Fender Old School” tones hence me swapping them out. 

There are a few good reviews online, in particular Dave “The Peoples Guitarist” Simpson who left his model stock and liked the ceramics. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    @Deadman ;

Gorgeous colour man and with the bucker for extra tones 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pm sent.........................
    pm sent.........................