PRS Silver Sky SE - Where is it made?

What's Hot
Does anyone know where the PRS Silver Sky SE  are made? It seems like they avoid mentioning everywhere you're looking online...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
«1

Comments

  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 8385
    Indonesia I believe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 2656
    edited January 14
    Indonesia and EDIT: not avoiding it and why would they? They've nothing to hide

    https://prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_and_john_mayer_officially_introduce_the_long_awaited_prs_se_silver_sky

    “This guitar is the product of planetary alignment,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO of PRS Guitars. “John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details; PT CORT Indonesia has all the skill, enthusiasm, and courage to take on large-scale manufacturing; and our own guitar making is sophisticated enough to collaboratively design an instrument that is both complementary to original Silver Sky but also uniquely itself. All this comes at a time when guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers. We have had amazing experiences with the SE Silver Sky ourselves, and it feels wonderful to share those with guitar players around the world.”
     www.cairoeast.co.uk - Madness Tribute band (Bass Player) and guitarist elsewhere
    Feedback - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57885/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 514
    Does anyone know where the PRS Silver Sky SE  are made? It seems like they avoid mentioning everywhere you're looking online...
    Cort factory Indonesia. Its literally printed on the back of the headstock. Its like chapter and verse on the back of those things. Check peach guitars images.

    I believe the reason is that PRS feel if they are so transparent with who makes the SE range, it promotes some sort of extra pride in the job that factory is doing. Sure I heard that on a PRS video somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 3216
    It says Indonesia on the back, which isn't really avoiding a mention is it.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 3216
    Does anyone know where the PRS Silver Sky SE  are made? It seems like they avoid mentioning everywhere you're looking online...
    Why.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 24999
    They SAY Indonesia but I'm not so sure.
    It could be a conspiracy.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    They SAY Indonesia but I'm not so sure.
    It could be a conspiracy.
    Maybe they’re sneakily making them in the USA…?

    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 5264
    Sassafras said:
    They SAY Indonesia but I'm not so sure.
    It could be a conspiracy.
    Maybe they’re sneakily making them in the USA…?
    Imagine that...

    "This thing is hideously overpriced crap... can't believe Cort made this..." and it turns out it's a Gibson...
    We should all probably bear in mind more when posting on here (and I don't exclude myself from this) that the guitar world is very small, the Fretboard is quite well known, and it is not uncommon at all for the subjects of our posts to read them...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 881
    Aren’t they then shipped back to the states for final set up and QC? I remember them saying that back in the day as a key differentiator from other guitars that were coming out of WMI Korea at the time 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 2933
    Sassafras said:
    They SAY Indonesia but I'm not so sure.
    It could be a conspiracy.
    Maybe they’re sneakily making them in the USA…?
    Yep, I think they’re subcontracting them to Gibson to make sure the quality isn’t better than Maryland products ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 8385
    Adamski said:
    Aren’t they then shipped back to the states for final set up and QC? I remember them saying that back in the day as a key differentiator from other guitars that were coming out of WMI Korea at the time 
    Yes, for the US stock at least, I’m not sure for European stock or other regions.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 2730
    I own two PRS SE guitars, and they are beautifully made. It doesn't matter where they are being constructed - PRS QC makes sure they are superb. 

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 1511
    Kebabkid said:
    Indonesia and EDIT: not avoiding it and why would they? They've nothing to hide

    https://prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_and_john_mayer_officially_introduce_the_long_awaited_prs_se_silver_sky

    “This guitar is the product of planetary alignment,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO of PRS Guitars. “John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details; PT CORT Indonesia has all the skill, enthusiasm, and courage to take on large-scale manufacturing; and our own guitar making is sophisticated enough to collaboratively design an instrument that is both complementary to original Silver Sky but also uniquely itself. All this comes at a time when guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers. We have had amazing experiences with the SE Silver Sky ourselves, and it feels wonderful to share those with guitar players around the world.”
    Is that a google automatic translation from e.g. Indonesian? :)

    I hope it is cos otherwise what a load a’ twaddle :   
    “…uniquely itself…” what on Earth does that mean?
    ”… guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers …” …hmmmmmm?  You might mean the market for guitars might be increasing, but I doubt there are any guitar players, single or collective, that are really hoping that PRS provide ever more “musical solutions” !?
    don’t you just love marketing speak.  

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 2656
    sev112 said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Indonesia and EDIT: not avoiding it and why would they? They've nothing to hide

    https://prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_and_john_mayer_officially_introduce_the_long_awaited_prs_se_silver_sky

    “This guitar is the product of planetary alignment,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO of PRS Guitars. “John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details; PT CORT Indonesia has all the skill, enthusiasm, and courage to take on large-scale manufacturing; and our own guitar making is sophisticated enough to collaboratively design an instrument that is both complementary to original Silver Sky but also uniquely itself. All this comes at a time when guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers. We have had amazing experiences with the SE Silver Sky ourselves, and it feels wonderful to share those with guitar players around the world.”
    Is that a google automatic translation from e.g. Indonesian? :)

    I hope it is cos otherwise what a load a’ twaddle :   
    “…uniquely itself…” what on Earth does that mean?
    ”… guitar players are looking to us to provide musical solutions in ever larger numbers …” …hmmmmmm?  You might mean the market for guitars might be increasing, but I doubt there are any guitar players, single or collective, that are really hoping that PRS provide ever more “musical solutions” !?
    don’t you just love marketing speak.  

    Might be. It's off the PRS website. 
    Who cares as the answer to the post is Indonesia :)
     www.cairoeast.co.uk - Madness Tribute band (Bass Player) and guitarist elsewhere
    Feedback - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57885/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 5529
    Adamski said:
    Aren’t they then shipped back to the states for final set up and QC? I remember them saying that back in the day as a key differentiator from other guitars that were coming out of WMI Korea at the time 
    Esp ltd (their 1000 series range that I’ve bought have had US qc stickers on them), and Balaguer I know do this. 

    Means very little tbh.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 59008
    Let's hope Cort's Indonesian workers are treated better than their Korean ones were, and they haven't just offshored the production to get around the unions and the rules.

    https://unitelive.org/cort-guitar-makers-international/

    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

    "Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 87
    edited January 15
    It’s hilarious to describe a Strat clone as being “uniquely itself”!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 694
    "John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details".
    Just as well it's not a Prince Andrew model.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 3985
    ICBM said:
    Let's hope Cort's Indonesian workers are treated better than their Korean ones were, and they haven't just offshored the production to get around the unions and the rules.

    https://unitelive.org/cort-guitar-makers-international/
    Wow , I hadn’t heard that.I’ve got a Cort Earth Mini and one of the reasons I bought it was I thought that they were one of the good guys :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 1567
    BillDL said:
    "John has an incredible ability to sweat all the right details".
    Just as well it's not a Prince Andrew model.
    They couldn’t rout it for a HRH pickup configuration any more either. 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
Sign In or Register to comment.