Any fans of Robert Plant's solo stuff? What's your favourite album?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've only really listened to his "Tuareg period" stuff from Dreamland onwards when he recruited Justin Adams to do the "desert blues" guitar thing, but it's all been pretty good from there on. 
    I think Lullaby...and the Ceaseless Roar is probably the best of the bunch.

Mrs_bob has lots of his earlier albums. I tried Sixty-Six to Timbuktu but couldn't get on with the earlier stuff.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    I'm having a Spotify back catalogue day.

So far Pictures at Eleven is enjoyable, but he's got that really heavy slapback on his voice which annoys me from later Zep records.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    edited January 2022
    Manic Nirvana's attaraction for me was Doug Boyle on guitar playing those huge riffs - at the gig I went to in (what is now) O2 Forum Kentish Town RP said he never wanted to play with another band.  Sadly, Doug Boyle got pinched to play in Pat Benetar's band shortly after ...
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    edited January 2022
    Jalapeno said:
    Manic Nirvana's attaraction for me was Doug Boyle on guitar playing those huge riffs - at the gig I went to in (what is now) O2 Forum Kentish Town RP said he never wanted to play with another band.  Sadly, Doug Boyle got pinched to play in Pat Benetar's band shortly after ...
    Totally this, the guitar on that album is fantastic.
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I think Doug Boyle might be on Zen too. Lots of tasty, clean 'kerching' 80's guitar on that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 365
    I've only really listened to his "Tuareg period" stuff from Dreamland onwards when he recruited Justin Adams to do the "desert blues" guitar thing, but it's all been pretty good from there on. 
    I think Lullaby...and the Ceaseless Roar is probably the best of the bunch.

Same goes for me, plus the stuff with Alison Krauss. From what I've seen on TV, the desert blues period is brilliant. I'm 55, never been a Zep fan, although I like many of their songs.

Horses for Courses.