Allan Holdsworth Plug-in

What's Hot
Don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I use it when I can't use my MagicStomp and it's great! 

https://www.seanwayland.com/plugins.html

Would definitely recommend! It's free but dontations welcome I believe. Only drawback is that I don't think it works with Logic? I use it with Reaper and it's fine.

Let me know if you end up using it!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Sounds great, but there is, and always ever be, only one Allan. I wish the EVH produced music would surface.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant,thanks for sharing 
  • That's interesting. Thanks for posting. Just about to install it.

I think @guitarmangler might be interested in this. We had a discussion a while back about how to try and do this sort of thing with Helix/Helix Native, which ended up somewhat complicated.

It's not a competition.

I think @guitarmangler might be interested in this. We had a discussion a while back about how to try and do this sort of thing with Helix/Helix Native, which ended up somewhat complicated.

Let me know what you think. Does the job pretty well and the person who made it really pulled apart all of the parameters of the original UD Stomp and used AHs patch list. 

Tell you what though, MS drive preset into my studio PC with a decent IR and this plug-in? Pure AH tone

Let me know what you think...

Not sure if I installed it right. I didn't bother with the installer. I just dragged one file called "windowswaylodelayUD.vst3" into my VST3 folder and it seems to run OK in Reaper.

I tried it after Archetype: Cory Wong (Neural DSP) as my ampsim with a mixture of clean and driven sounds. It sounds fantastic. So much so that I made the requested donation.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what I did as I run Reaper too! Glad you enjoyed it 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1328
    edited January 2022

Remind you of anybody?

The gear? Laughably simple.
    '65 deluxe reverb - with a tube screamer going into a rat with an mxr reverb unit. 

It's in the fingers guys....(oh ...with note choice and legato technique).
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What a great player! Awesome legato and bending (my biggest pet peeve for players that should know better!) His playing is a more 'diatonic' than Allan's but his approach was so unique it's hard to match. 

Great tone too! I have a needlessly complicated but actually quite simple rig, but use Line 6 and IRs for recording/teaching.