How to promote new guitar music? No2 in Singles chart!

mrkbmrkb Frets: 6796
edited January 2022 in Making Music
Anyone following this bloke? He’s only got 12k subscribers on YouTube, but has got a strategy to get his guitar music back in the uk charts that seems to be getting him attention. 

His new single has entered the charts at no 2!

His use of social media, YouTube and a careful manipulation of when the charts are less active seems to be working, and he’s got mainstream media attention from that. 

Certainly seems to be a way to get his music out there, has anyone else tried similar?
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6796
    Am surprised no one else has followed him, he’s certainly doing a good self promotion job!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    That's physical singles though, to todays chart buying public that might as well be 8 track.

Fair play to him though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6796
    I see your point, but surely manufacturing and selling a physical single takes more commitment from fans/followers than just getting a click on a spotify/soundcloud link. Is that likely to build a better more committed following in the long term?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I like James Hargreaves, his song is actually quite fun (the video in his local pub is great), not scared of playing normal chords and pentatonics!

AND he actually appreciates how superb Oasis were... and the Britpop years in general.  His channel is mostly breaking down Oasis songs.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    mrkb said:
    I see your point, but surely manufacturing and selling a physical single takes more commitment from fans/followers than just getting a click on a spotify/soundcloud link. Is that likely to build a better more committed following in the long term?
    @mrkb you probably remember how great record shopping used to be, especially when you used to buy all your favourite band's cd singles as well (yes... I still have every Oasis single ;) )

I think James is going for that vibe, it's quite a nostalgia trip, I used to love wandering between HMV, Virgin Megastore and Our Price and Spinadisc in Northampton!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • mrkb said:
    Am surprised no one else has followed him, he’s certainly doing a good self promotion job!

I don't follow him, but I do like to watch his YouTube channel, some good stuff on there.
    “Ken sent me.”