Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Choose one of your current guitars as your "forever" : strict version (for fun)

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
It seems where we are challenged to choose "just one" it becomes an essay on what's good about this one or that one or... 

So, if you want to play here, you're only allowed to mention the one you choose. No comparisons, no alternatives, no 'I can't choose' 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Mine would be my c. 10+ year old PRS DGT Goldtop with moons/dots.

It is not my coolest guitar, but it is the one that I find the easiest to just go back to. I love the slightly chunky neck and a big lumpy frets (just plain easier to play for me and my poor general playing technique) 

The coil taps are famously actually pretty good and the core sound is lovely - characteristically hum bucker but not mega high output of overly lumpy and middy. 

If I could only have/keep/play one electric that I own, it would be that. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Ah it’s gotta be my white CS Strat. 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2376
    that's easy, Westone Prestige 250.
    Gibson scale, ebony board, medium jumbos, alnico 2 (I think) humbuckers with variable series/parallel on the center detent tone pots.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Has to be my 2019 Martin HD-28 Re-imagined. Had acoustic guitars since 1960 but this one I'll never part with :) 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2038
    If this is electric guitars only then that’s easy for me as I only have one, a 1963 Tele

Tougher choice is between my 2 acoustics tbh 
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I ever get it refretted so that’s it’s actually a useable instrument, my Tele.

Mexican, Classic 50’s, cheap as chips compared to the higher echelons of the Fender range, but rock solid tuning, plays like a Tele, looks like a Tele and sounds like a Tele.

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7160
    edited January 2022
    ......... He looks around spare room, livingroom, and in slidey-doored wardrobes imagining what's in the cases, but keeps coming back to the guitar sitting against his spare sofa just waiting to be played ......
    it has to be my trusty old (but still very good condition) 1982/83 Yamaha FG-340 acoustic.  It was the first proper acoustic I ever owned that was really easy to play, has a nice full rounded sound, and and has an incredibly comfortable neck.  I learned a lot using that guitar.  I currently have it tuned down a full step with good quality 11s that feel more like 12s and don't get flappy at the lower pitch.  I love the rich deep sound of it tuned down, and I find that as my voice has become deeper with age most of my old favourite songs are right in my vocal range with the same chord positions.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    I have no problem getting it down to 2 (from Really Far Too Many) but my PRS Mira and my Graham Coxon Telecaster are probably going to have fight it out between them. My money’s on the Telecaster…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    My 76 tele which weighs 7 pounds. Magic. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    edited January 2022
    My 1984 Aria RS Standard.

Other guitars may come and go, but this one is forever. It took me long enough to find it... it's a replacement for the first electric guitar I owned, which I ended up modifying beyond repair. This one is absolutely identical - so much so that it's easy to forget it's actually a different guitar. And it still fits me better than anything else I've ever played.

Although currently it has a rather different set of pickups .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    It's always an easy answer for me, my self built strat.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    My 1985 Squier Tele. I’ve owned it for 34 years already, which is a fair start towards ‘forever’.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My California Artist tele. Bought from these pages, it is so stunningly good.

I am struggling a little with its WRHB, so hoping that 500k pots will brighten up the neck and middle. Holding off the NGD til I get there !

But as a guitar, the one to save in a fire - yup !!
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    My Fender Telecaster USA weird modern but 60s AVRI type FSR thing from 2007. Bought new so long ago...............

I could live (and have done in the past) with only this. Sounds great, a fight to play sometimes which I like and now has the marks and scratches from 14 years or so of use.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Definitely this one

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Hardtail Strat.
    Takamine 12 string.
    We get one of each, right?
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    D-28 Authentic 37A
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 762
    edited January 2022
    This one. Really versatile plank but being an 80's guitar it really rocks if you crank it. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50842737966_71c2c1210e_c.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Fender CS CC '51 Nocaster.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    My 2013 Custom Shop 59 Flying V - VOS, in Teluride White. 1 of 25 world wide.
    https://i.imgur.com/yMOmqYt.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom