SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PRS CUSTOM 22 HARDTAIL 10 TOP WITH ROSEWOOD NECK UPGRADE. £ 2,300.

What's Hot
stanstan Frets: 189
edited January 2022 in Guitars £

Hi, i`ve got my PRS Custom 22 hardail up for grabs here. It`s of 2009 vintage and is in excellent condition bar a couple of lacquer chips on the under side of the body.....also a very small nick in the side of the body. none of these have damaged the wood at all.
That covers the downside from the off. no buckle rash/ scratching but minute speckles of imperfection on the back that have to be looked for.
As for the upsides .....
The body is a beautiful flamed 10 top. a particularly nice one as can be seen per the fotos .
The neck is solid rosewood including the fretboard. a Pricey upgrade to be sure.  It feels absolutely wonderful to the touch and with a wide/fat neck, many would find it to be the perfect neck. it`s very satiny and fast and  of course Rosewood is a Tone wood par excellence...pardon my french ...No visible fret wear at all !
No issues at all with the electrics and all metalwork is in perfect order in every respect.  upon opening the case, you would be hard pushed to think it`s not in new condition.
It plays great and is very resonant and loud. no doubt the solid rosewood neck contibutes to that. I don`t know how to describe this...maybe it`s the age of the guitar and it has been played in or perhaps it`s the rosewood neck but ...it just has some real mojo to it.
I`m selling it as i`m looking for funds towards a single cut PRS.  i`ve heard of one that will be available with a rosewood neck and i`m lusting after it despite not having seen it yet !  heart ruling the head again ...
I`m asking £ 2,300 cash for it which is a great price for one of these. you`d be hard pushed to find a similar one, thats for sure.
If nobody here takes it then it`ll go on Ebay or Reverb for £2, 600.  
Plenty more fotos by request and all questions happily answered.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I spoke to Stan about this and he was great to communicate with and I was very, very tempted. Lovely guitar. 

@chris78 @Grampa

Fight it out?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9303
    Well that’s just a bit special isn’t it. Amazing top.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937
    That's really lovely. Can you get those chips repaired? Somebody must do laquer repairs. I've never had one done myself but if I owned that I would. Is there such a service anywhere?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6796
    Excuse my ignorance, What’s the difference between the custom 22 and the McCarty? 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Damn I wish I liked humbuckers
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    edited January 2022
    Hi Stan
    Very nice, and I might well be interested....One question, has the neck been treated in any way, varnish, polish etc? It appears to be very shiny for a PRS rosewood neck.
    The 2011 MEQ that 3 of us in this thread have owned has a very natural dull satin finish.
    Thanks
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    mrkb said:
    Excuse my ignorance, What’s the difference between the custom 22 and the McCarty? 

Welcome to the wonderful world of PRS :)
  • mrkb said:
    I believe the McCarty has a thicker body, chunkier heel, different pickups, and different switching. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    mrkb said:
    McCarty has thicker body. Thinner headstock. Vintage tuners and more “vintage” voiced pickups. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Grampa said:
    Hi Stan
    Very nice, and I might well be interested....One question, has the neck been treated in any way, varnish, polish etc? It appears to be very shiny for a PRS rosewood neck.
    The 2011 MEQ that 3 of us in this thread have owned has a very natural dull satin finish.
    Thanks
    I know some PRS rosewood necks come with a slight gloss to them.

But it's very rare and it's not on the hang tags anywhere, one was a PS and the spec sheet simply said rosewood neck.

The majority are natural though.
  • @Grampa A bit of 0000 steel wool up and down the neck, some lemon oil rubbed in, that would be as you expect.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • stanstan Frets: 189
    @grampa The neck has not been treated in any way. No polish and most certainly no varnish !  that would be sacrilege. I did exactly what  imalrightjack said.I washed the neck with a littly soapy water and when dried, gave it the gentlest of rub downs with oooo steel wool and applied a drop of lemon oil and rubbed it in. my regular luthier guy who builds guitars said it looked a little too dry. I must admit I gave the back of the neck a right good polishing in with a soft dry cloth and the back of the neck is more shiny than the rest which is matt.. I don`t think the back of the neck will stay that way very long somehow.
    The whole guitar has had a good clean and proper polish ( not the neck) , frets buffed up and re-strung.
    Here`s a pic of a similar guitar on Reverb ...

Brilliant, thanks Stan. A touch over my available budget but I'll have a monetary think....Probably means I'll miss out but hey ho.
    Cheers
    Grampa
  • If you find cheaper, @Grampa, let me know!  I've not seen one at that price for a wee while. 

My band, Red For Dissent
    If you find cheaper, @Grampa, let me know!  I've not seen one at that price for a wee while. 
    Will do mate....My trouble at the moment is champagne tastes and lemonade pockets!

Crypto WILL recover (soon, please, pretty please)
    The guitar has now been bought by fellow Fretboarder  daisie_guitar. a great guy coming over from Hungary to collect in person. thanks for your interest guys.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Congrats Stan. Awesome guitar but sadly, financially, just out of my reach for now.
    @grampa ; Not to worry gramps. there`s always another `must have` comes along sooner or later. just not at the right time usually  Lol ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom