what reverb pedal?

What's Hot
ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
I'm looking at getting something fairly small and light that can work wither after a Friedman be-od or in n fx loop. doesn't have to be fancy and just looking for a simple hall or room sound. preferably something that can worl with both power supply and battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    I have an EHX Holy Grail. I like it. It's unremarkable in a good way, except for the Flurb mode. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I presume it will be used for gigging?

I'd recommend a Boss RV5 or 6.

Works with a battery as well as a power supply and would survive being gigged.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Everyone bums the EHX Oceans 11 but I haven't tried it. The spring sounds very sproingy in the demos
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Won’t be the cheapest (or most expensive) but yes Boss RV5 or 6 for,well, exactly what @earwighoney says. 
    Any digital reverb is going to eat batteries so a pedal with decent battery access seems a must in this scenario. The Fender Marine Layer reverb is a bit less money and that looks to have good battery access as well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    Clecko said:
    I have an EHX Holy Grail. I like it. It's unremarkable in a good way, except for the Flurb mode. 
    The holy grail is a really nice sounding reverb pedal for not too much. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Just bought a Hall of Fame 2 for Jr and it's really good. Very nice Plate Reverb I particularly liked, some long ambient stuff available and the tone prints, hard to beat at the price range of have thought. 
    Won’t be the cheapest (or most expensive) but yes Boss RV5 or 6 for,well, exactly what @earwighoney says. 
    Any digital reverb is going to eat batteries so a pedal with decent battery access seems a must in this scenario. The Fender Marine Layer reverb is a bit less money and that looks to have good battery access as well. 
    A bit of googling suggest about 5 hours of use from the battery in a reverb pedal. So, I stand by my suggestions! 
  • TC electronic mini hall of fame (1 or 2)

Really small and does a decent hall/room/plate etc
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    TC electronic mini hall of fame (1 or 2)

Really small and does a decent hall/room/plate etc
    ...but can't put a battery in them? 
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 261
    edited January 2022
    I used a Boss RV-6 for a few years and can highly recommend it.

The spring mode is close enough to the onboard spring reverb you get on amps and there’s nothing wrong with the plate, room or hall modes. I was also a big fan of the dynamic mode.

The only mode on it I didn’t like was the shimmer, which was shit.

The only reason I don’t use it anymore is because I bought an amp with spring reverb onboard.

Easy battery access as well which fits the bill for you.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited January 2022
    The boss ones are good, and the tc hall of fame is also good. I used to have a digitech polara which was nice, but can't remember if it had battery or not. They're overpriced these days - funny how that happens when they stop making them.

On the cheaper side, I had a digitech x series digidelay (edit: Digiverb! What a plum.). It's nice! I think they're a bit unexciting but it was built well, cheap and added ambience without flash. A perfectly good, cheap, reverb pedal. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    edited January 2022
    I had both the above and thought the spring was far nicer on the Digiverb (not Digidelay -D’oh!). Hugely underrated pedal, I think mine sold for £35. The Polara, on the other hand, was embroiled in an insane last-minute bidding war and went for £160.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Assuming you mean the Digiverb, it's great, but I find it really has a noticeable volume drop.  I've got the Marine Layer and it's brilliant, really musical. The modulated and shimmer settings are better than anything else I've tried (even the RV-5). 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    I've had a polara, HOF2, and a RV6.

Polara was excellent.
    RV6 is excellent
    HOF2 was ok.

I still have the RV6,  main gripe with the polara was that it was unreadable on the pedal in a gig situation.  RV6 is only slightly better.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1497
    edited January 2022
    I've got the Digiverb (from @joetele actually) and I use it almost everyday. As far as I know, the 'level' knob does not control the level of the signal, but the dry vs wet ratio. Which explains the volume drop, as by definition the reverberations will never have the same volume as the original input. So 100% wet feels anaemic, even if it does make sense. Mine sits at 10 o'clock. 

The stereo signal is brilliant – I made a stereo sniffer just to be able to record it easily – and church, reverse and spring get full marks. Spring is particularly unbelievable. Takes me back.

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Behringer RV600.... I've had one for over 10 years... has never let me down nor felt I've ever needed to spend more.