Wolf Alice are a bit good!

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
Become a bit of a fan recently but especially impressed by this one...

Anyone else a fan...

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Loved the first album but haven't enjoyed anything else they've done nearly as much. Smile is a good song though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Love them. The first Album is a stunning debut. The second, which got all the Mercury prize winning attention is also great but didn’t quite hang together as well as the first. The latest is a classic in the making. No other newish guitar band that beats them for me. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    The thing about that specific video that I loved is not necessarily the song itself, which I think is great, or their individual musicianship, which is great, but the sheer pleasure they seem to be getting from playing together live.

It's things like this, way more than any wankiness or showiness or "tone" that make me want to pick up a guitar!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Absolutely loved Blue Weekend, tremendous Album 
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 977
    edited January 2022
    I am not proud to say this but I dismissed them at first - thinking them indie also rans with a 90's fetish..... but they just kept realising really good singles.... and then released some more really good singles and then some more..... I've got all their records now and I think you can see their progress as songwriters and musicians (as well as a growing studio budget)..... I think it'll be exciting to see where they go as they combine some interesting qualities - excellent songwriting, quirky and engaging melodies, really excellent vocals, a very good rhythm section and a willingness to experiment (within the confines of indie) with synths and guitar sounds..... 

I find some of the songs genuinely moving and think Blue Weekend might be a sleeping classic...... they have a really strong set building that I think will go down really well at festivals when they happen again - I can see them having a crossover hit in their next few albums and maybe going really big (not that that means anything)

Also - just thinking - its good that this band have had a chance to develop over 3 albums - what label are they on? Bands dont get a chance to develop readily do they? Wolf Alice's records have progressively got better and better imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom