New 5.8 GHz Wireless Guitar System Day

RockerRocker Frets: 4980
Following suggestions on a related thread [a low cost wireless system for guitar], I bought a LEKATO WS-50 kit.  I gave both units a charge and when switched on, they connected seamlessly.  My main reason for needing such technology is to avoid the tripping hazard that an attached cable is.  Bearing in mind my disability, this is and has been a major concern for some time.  Now sorted.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Glad to hear you’ve managed to solve your concerns! I’ve been eyeing these up for playing at home. Have you had chance to try it out? Any noticeable latency or dropouts?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    I only used the kit to check it actually works but my feeling is that there is no noticeable latency.  And I did not experience any dropouts but it was only in use for a short time.  When the current Covid restrictions end and my friends can call for a music session, that will be a bigger test.

But to be able to move around the room playing guitar or bass is both novel and liberating.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I’ve got one too…great little inexpensive unit. I also occasionally gig with it and never had a single issue. I reckon (though it may just be my ears) it takes off a smidge of high end, but no biggie really
  • I've been using one domestically for a couple of months, no issues and I can't hear any difference tone wise between it and a 10ft lead. Also no noticeable latency, and I'm sensitive to that.