Bad Cat Lynx

What's Hot
Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
Anyone got one? Used one?

They seem like they’ve been about for a while but pretty rare on these shores. The demos on YouTube suggest they have plenty of headroom on cleans and the gain side is absolutely epic. Fat, rich and fierce but quite different sounding.

There is a demo with a guy called Derek St Holmes and it sounds amazing. I know we all have our own tastes but I love the tone he gets with humbuckers. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Not heard of that fragrance. I use Africa myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    Ted Nugents co guitarist. A quick run through of the old classics. He was a great singer too.
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    Thumbs up for Bad Cats in general, and well worth a look IMHO. Well built and sound terrific

I've not played or owned a Lynx, but the Hot Cat I had was fierce wound up. The Lynx apparently goes further on the gain side, and has a "cleaner" clean side than my Hot Cat did, which went nicely into overdrive wound up. I owned that, and a Black Cat before the K Master came out, which seems to "retain" tone at lower volumes. The masters were always good, but whatever the latest voodoo involved, the K works very well on my current Cub