New range of Maestro pedals…

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3961
https://www.peachguitars.com/our-blog/releases/new-release-maestro-pedals.htm

I’ve not listened to the demo yet but don’t look too badly priced. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No phaser, wtf.

:p 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Disappointed not to see big extruded aluminium wedge enclosures with big wheelie controls on the sides…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  •  https://youtu.be/Xc8IUh9V330

This fuzz has drawn me in like a badger on peanuts. It looks and sounds great.

I wish they hadn’t released them in January though!
  • No phaser, wtf.

Was pretty interested when the teaser ads showed up a few weeks ago but I presumed reissues where coming, this is a bit disappointing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    This is Gibson having a brand in the pedal market. Presumably if they do okay there will be more to come. They aren’t cheap as chips for a bunch of metoo pedals (although they’ve obviously given some thought to the look); the fuzz  is there to get us interested I think. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    UnclePsychosis said:

No phaser, wtf.

Just be glad we have our Pulse Dopplers!
    This is Gibson having a brand in the pedal market. Presumably if they do okay there will be more to come. They aren’t cheap as chips for a bunch of metoo pedals (although they’ve obviously given some thought to the look); the fuzz  is there to get us interested I think. 
    Yup, all about getting a share of that market - anyone remember Fender's Competition Series fx pedals? I'm sure they're perfectly serviceable but I can't say I'm at all excited.
  • I guess this explains why Gibson were suing someone over their logo last year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Thinking about it, the USP for these is the 3-LED light-up logo.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Assume just common circuits found elsewhere?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    edited January 2022
    I guess this explains why Gibson were suing someone over their logo last year.
    The irony being that they sued Mojo Hand over a phaser and yet haven't reissued it themselves when bringing the brand back. 

I mean it's saved me from buying another pedal to try but sometimes the mind boggles as to what the hell Gibson are up to. Guess it'll be more pennies in my pocket towards the rumoured Behringer copy of the mutron bi-phase... 
    I guess this explains why Gibson were suing someone over their logo last year.
    The irony being that they sued Mojo Hand over a phaser and yet haven't reissued it themselves when bringing the brand back. 

I mean it's saved me from buying another pedal to try but sometimes the mind boggles as to what the hell Gibson are up to. Guess it'll be more pennies in my pocket towards the rumoured Behringer copy of the mutron bi-phase... 

• Yeah I saw that, it's where I heard the rumour but it seems it has subsequently been deleted from the Internet which I hope is just temporary and not a permanent move... 
  • Oooh. Maybe they haven't completely screwed the pooch. 

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/maestro-original-collection ;

"That’s not all, though: Gibson has announced a second batch of five pedals will join the burgeoning Master Original Collection later this year, with a Maestro Custom Shop Collection – made up of ultra-limited pedals built to the precise specs of the originals – also currently in the works. "
    Oooh. Maybe they haven't completely screwed the pooch. 

"That’s not all, though: Gibson has announced a second batch of five pedals will join the burgeoning Master Original Collection later this year, with a Maestro Custom Shop Collection – made up of ultra-limited pedals built to the precise specs of the originals – also currently in the works. "
    Christ knows what they will ask for the Custom Shop models - stand by bedroom flippers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are these made in China?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2321
    Are these made in China?
    Yep.

Overall these are meh. Get an EHX Satisfaction Fuzz. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Keefy said:
    Oooh. Maybe they haven't completely screwed the pooch. 

Christ knows what they will ask for the Custom Shop models - stand by bedroom flippers!
    They will hang out for the Murphy Lab version.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3961
    I watched the Andertons demo, I quite liked the sound of the overdrive and delay but I guess there’s nothing new there, just different shaped boxes, which to be fair is the case with a lot of pedal releases.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17555
    tFB Trader
    Mat Koehler, Head of Product Development, Gibson Brands says “We’re using the distinct Maestro aesthetic to develop unique takes on each of these effects, in a way that’s fun and looks back at the past, but with an awareness of what modern guitarists require."

Translation. Marketing decided we needed to make a range of pedals so we've made a Tubescreamer, Rat, CE-2 and generic delay like everyone else does, but we've put them in a fancy box and slapped on them with a completely irrelevant, but vaguely familiar branding so we can charge you £150 which you could buy from Joyo for £20.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I must be a tonal heathen because all these fuzzes available nowadays are starting to sound the same to me now 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom