SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Why do linked pics keep disappearing ?

bertiebertie Frets: 13564
linked about 6 pics on my ad to Facebook (twice) - but they keep disappearing ?  

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    bertie said:
    linked about 6 pics on my ad to Facebook  
    Rule 11.
    Be seeing you.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23955
    bertie said:

Usually it's because Facebook has slightly changed the code showing their location.

So it breaks the link for the photograph.

Facebook is a bit crap for that - they don't seem to last long. If you can host the picture elsewhere like on imgur or flickr then the link will stay stable and the pics will show up on here in your advert.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23955
    bertie said:
    linked about 6 pics on my ad to Facebook  
    Rule 11.
    He's linked the photos. Not the advert itself. The advert is on here.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    bertie said:

Usually it's because Facebook has slightly changed the code showing their location.

So it breaks the link for the photograph.

Facebook is a bit crap for that - they don't seem to last long. If you can host the picture elsewhere like on imgur or flickr then the link will stay stable and the pics will show up on here in your advert.
    This.

I would much prefer to use FB to host photos but they screw around with links to avoid being a photo hosting company by stealth.