Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You know you're boring when...

What's Hot
...you get a couple of new toys delivered, but the keyboard puts more of a smile on your face than the 27" quad-HD monitor.

In case anyone's after a recommendation, though, and you do a lot of typing...the Logitech MX Keys Mini is absolutely magnificent as a keyboard. Quiet, comfortable, all the right keys without having to jump through hoops...it's absolutely perfect (for me, at least).

USB-C charging too, and the monitor handily has three USB ports so I don't have to faff around with more cables from the PC. Magic.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    ...you get a couple of new toys delivered, but the keyboard puts more of a smile on your face than the 27" quad-HD monitor.

In case anyone's after a recommendation, though, and you do a lot of typing...the Logitech MX Keys Mini is absolutely magnificent as a keyboard. Quiet, comfortable, all the right keys without having to jump through hoops...it's absolutely perfect (for me, at least).

USB-C charging too, and the monitor handily has three USB ports so I don't have to faff around with more cables from the PC. Magic.
    It's got a f****** emoji key!

The world's going to hell...
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtop said:

It's got a f****** emoji key!

The world's going to hell...
    In my defence, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never be using it. Except when I just tried it to see if it did anything in Linux.

It bloody does.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I have the full size MX Keys and it's excellent - and yes, I was also very excited when mine arrived!

I got the MX Master 3 mouse too, which I would recommend.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    … I wake up.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1814
    Ooh. That's nice. If I wasn't buying a new amp I'd be right on that..
  • £100 for a keyboard.  What does it do?

• markv said:
    I have the full size MX Keys and it's excellent - and yes, I was also very excited when mine arrived!

I got the MX Master 3 mouse too, which I would recommend.
    Yeah, I used to use full-sized keyboards, but I realised that a) I rarely use the keypad, and b) with my three monitors, either the keypad's where my mouse wants to be when I'm central to them, or I'm off-centre which is just...weird. So mini keyboards are where it's at.

Brio said:
    Ooh. That's nice. If I wasn't buying a new amp I'd be right on that..
    It is. Very nice, in fact.
    £100 for a keyboard.  What does it do?
    Functionally, nothing that a £10 keyboard doesn't. It's just really comfortable to type on, and very quiet. It's also got a really cool backlight that only activates when your hands are near the keyboard.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    What happens when you spill beer on it?

Asking for a friend ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654

Asking for a friend ;)

Wat happens if you spill your 'seed' upon it?

Also asking for a friend.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Are you two friends?!?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26955
    I liked that one but I can't deal without a menu key. After much humming and hahing I went G915 Tactile and now I can do spreadsheets with custom coloured keys. I don't like the really chunky noisy mechnical keyboards but this thing has absolutely killed cheap keyboards for me. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    Musicwolf said:

Asking for a friend ;)

Wat happens if you spill your 'seed' upon it?

Also asking for a friend.
    Just clingfilm your keyboard beforehand. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    God loves those who treat their semen with more care..
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Jeez, guys, c'mon. We're not even out of the first page yet!
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I liked that one but I can't deal without a menu key. After much humming and hahing I went G915 Tactile and now I can do spreadsheets with custom coloured keys. I don't like the really chunky noisy mechnical keyboards but this thing has absolutely killed cheap keyboards for me. 
    Do you mean the Windows key? If so, it's the opt | start key next to fn.

And yeah...I'm totally with you on the chunky mechanical keyboards. I have absolutely no idea why folk are so obsessed with them.
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26955
    I liked that one but I can't deal without a menu key. After much humming and hahing I went G915 Tactile and now I can do spreadsheets with custom coloured keys. I don't like the really chunky noisy mechnical keyboards but this thing has absolutely killed cheap keyboards for me. 
    Do you mean the Windows key? If so, it's the opt | start key next to fn.

And yeah...I'm totally with you on the chunky mechanical keyboards. I have absolutely no idea why folk are so obsessed with them.
    No, this guy. I use it for all the paste special shortcuts in word & excel and literally work half as fast without it. My work laptop doesn’t have it either, but I remap the bizarrely-located Prtsc key using SharpKeys so that’s ok. But obvs want it on my main keyboard as well

Of course if was also a good excuse for procurement of new shiny, but it’s a really lovely keyboard (now that there is a fairly quiet, low-travel version)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • £100 for a keyboard.  What does it do?
    Son no1s keyboard was £220 and son no2s was £160
    mrkb said:
    Are you two friends?!?
    We are all friends here mate! ;)
    Jeez, guys, c'mon. We're not even out of the first page yet!
    Hidden in my post was a serious question @digitalscream (and I really did mean beer, not anything else).

£100 is a lot for a keyboard, and for example a £60 xbox series x controller will seize up like its glued with a bit of a splash of doom bar.

Is your new luxury keyboard protected against such spillages?
  • Jeez, guys, c'mon. We're not even out of the first page yet!
    Hidden in my post was a serious question @digitalscream (and I really did mean beer, not anything else).

£100 is a lot for a keyboard, and for example a £60 xbox series x controller will seize up like its glued with a bit of a splash of doom bar.

Is your new luxury keyboard protected against such spillages?
    Unfortunately, no - however, I've always been insanely careful with drinks around electronics, and I've never had a spill. And the beauty of a small, wireless keyboard is that if such a thing does happen you should be able to pick it up and turn it upside-down before any damage is done if you react quickly enough.

It's a good point, though.
    <space for hire>