1x12 speaker cab advice

JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
Can anyone recommend a really great sounding 1x12 cab? It's to go with my BadCat and I'll probably stick a celestion blue in it. Something nice-looking, no wider than 2ft. Would rather spend some money to get something that sounds fantastic than save a few quid and compromise on the tone. I won't be gigging it so ruggedness, handles etc not important

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Montage cabs have had good write ups, and as luck would have it...

Not mine, nor do I know the seller - but it could be bargaintastic.  Might not be the sort of speaker you want, mind.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 888
    Rocksteady music in Harrogate had a secondhand Badcat one, not sure if they still do but you can't get a better extension than the matching one;-) you might find a blue is too chimey with the Badcat as these amps are voiced to go with they're own speakers.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Zilla cab for a custom one?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    edited August 2014
    koss59 said:
    Rocksteady music in Harrogate had a secondhand Badcat one, not sure if they still do but you can't get a better extension than the matching one;-) you might find a blue is too chimey with the Badcat as these amps are voiced to go with they're own speakers.

yes, that's worth a thought. I'd always thought a BadCat and a Blue were natural bedfollows but i guess it could make the amp too toppy...it's on the way there already. Thanks for the other suggestions. Zilla are on my radar. Roadkill also.

• vizviz Frets: 11042
    Carvin do a 112 with a vintage 30. Thomann used to stock them for 100 quid.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    +1 on zilla. Great quality cabs to your specs. Well worth it mate.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 391
    mesa thiele with an EV12?
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    +1 for Zilla - currently using a 'mini modern' with EVM12L speaker & it sounds huge
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• Peach have a Carol Ann with an EV in it. I would try that. Nice large sized cab, open backed.

Cheers Rich