SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: 2011 Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster *SOLD*

TelecastermasterTelecastermaster Frets: 6
edited January 2022 in Guitars £

This is my 2011 Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster which I purchased new. Being a 2011, this is one of the Chinese ones that are generally considered superior to the current Indonesian offerings. IMO the guitar is a good one and has always played very nicely. Obviously there are the numerous usual tiny scratches that show up when you shine a torch on the finish and look very closely but additionally, since these photos were taken, there are 2 new visible dints in the finish on the front of the guitar near to the bridge and I will photograph these later today and add them to the post shortly. A few years ago, I had the stock steel bridge saddles upgraded to Wilkinson compensated brass saddles, I had an electro-socket jack cup fitted and I also had the guitar modded for 4 way switching using a quality Oak Grigsby switch if I remember rightly. This work was carried out by a well rated local luthier in Leicester as well the guitar being given a general set up. Because I'm completely anal, I also upgraded the control plate to a thicker one to match the thickness of the pickguard! I will include the original control plate and steel saddles in any transaction of course. I also replaced the original strap buttons with Schaller strap lock buttons but in this case, I unfortunately don't have the original buttons so will leave the Schallers in. The guitar has been used with 10-46 gauge strings since new.  

I think the guitar is in great condition minus its 2 dints as mentioned. I don't gig and the guitar has barely ever left the house which has no doubt helped preserve it. The guitar has not been played much in recent years and as such, the fretwork appears to still be very well preserved at this point and IMO, while it was good out of the box anyway, it still plays as well as the day it was professionally set up. I love this guitar, for the price of these it’s an amazing thing IMO, but the reason I’m thinking of shifting it is that it comes in second to my old Blackguard style Tele and as such, doesn’t get played much and lacks purpose.

What I’m most looking for is some sort of trade or trade+cash deal for something with humbuckers. I’m mainly looking to be tempted by an Epiphone SG, Dot or Les Paul. Alternatively, I'll sell for £280 or possibly take a good offer. 

If you're interested, my preference would be to work out some sort of pickup or dropoff deal at this point. I've never posted a guitar as I’m not a serial buyer/seller and I don't feel particularly enthusiastic or confident about the prospect but may be talked into it. I'm based in Leicestershire. Pictures are below. Thanks for reading.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments