SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: Gretsch 6122 ‘Country Gentleman’ 12-String

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
Traded.
The all important pictures as always won’t embed on iPhone, but there is an album here as let’s be honest, we come to these threads for the photos:

Equally important, the price… I was after £1700, but some delight has put one on evil bay for £1650! £1650 I guess it is, oh wait fees I hear you say…£1600… scrap that. Final drop, won’t go lower than this: £1500. Let a man snap up what he’s seen before it goes as the boss won’t agree to any more finance.

Absolutely stunning, utterly huge sounding (any more hyperbole I can throw at this) Gretsch 6122 ‘Country Gentleman’ 12-string. I believe this is a 2005 -it is in fantastic condition, bit of light tarnishing to the gold knobs, but other wise a solid 9 or even 9.5 out of 10. This is one of those rare occasions where it is ok to describe a guitar as ‘rare’, there are very few of these about and even fewer go up for sale (until someone sees yours and decides to sell theirs. Comes with it’s original hard case and truss rod tool. There wasn’t a COA with this when I got it, but it’s the second (could actually be third) from this era that I’ve had that didn’t have one.

The bit that will matter to most of us: really low action (Ric style low), without the cramped neck of a Rick. It’s got that bit of extra width and girth that mean it doesn’t leave you with hand cramps. A very very comfortable play.

Trades:
Dynasonic equipped Gretsch
Jazzmasters
Jaguars
es125
Eastmans / Maybachs / USA Guilds
Might be up for trying a musicman or prs (never played either.
Honestly, try me, I might fancy it.

Collection from near Kettering, Northamptonshire, just off the a14. Or can do the usual fretboard style meet in a layby or service station somewhere on the highways and byways.

Any questions, please ask.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments