SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson SG Kirk Douglas (or custom)

What's Hot
guitarmansteve77guitarmansteve77 Frets: 164
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
Trying to source one of these if anyone has one. I know there's a couple out there on Facebook Marketplace but they're a lot more than what they were sold for new. 
Ideally want the one of the6ones released last year. I may also be interested in a custom too. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’m Spartacus!

Sorry…
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    No,I'm Spartacus
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    I genuinely thought it was the actor who has a sig when these first came out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    They are supposed to be very, very fine guitars. 
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    I had one. Foolishly sold it a couple of years ago for £1150
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Jim54 said:
    I had one. Foolishly sold it a couple of years ago for £1150
    Me too... one of earlier versions.
  • allenallen Frets: 806
    I decided not to buy a new one for £1050 when they were blowing them out at the end of the first run. Doh.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    Somebody beat me to one for £800 a few years back !
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7254
    I reviewed a new one and is was so bad I had to send it back to Gibson, cancel the review and so I'm wary of them. Therefore I reckon you should 'try before you buy', as the one I was sent was an absolute dog and loads of fit and finish issues as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3488
    edited February 2022
    Deleted my comment which was only cluttering up this WTB ad. 
  • I like a few of the features on the last ones that were released. BUt I love a 3 pickup SG so if anyone has anything like that then that would also be of inteest.
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
    I have a SG Custom shop, 67' RI I might possibly move on (I have an original 62 SG and can only justify 1 really) - they made a handful in 92, if you are interested I can drop you some photo's.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember getting excited when the original KD signature was trailed because I really liked the proposed specs, which included 6100 fretwire. By the time the guitar was issued the specs had been altered so it was a more typical SG, with the big frets gone. Also presumably making it less like KDs own guitar. 

I’ve seen him play a few times with The Roots, an absolute monster virtuoso who proves there’s no electric guitar style that can’t be played on an SG.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Bump
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8488
    edited February 2022
    stonevibe said:
    I reviewed a new one and is was so bad I had to send it back to Gibson, cancel the review and so I'm wary of them. Therefore I reckon you should 'try before you buy', as the one I was sent was an absolute dog and loads of fit and finish issues as well.
    I'm puzzled.  If you don't mind me asking, why did you cancel the review?  I thought that's what reviews were for, i.e. to give honest appraisals of items.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7254
    BillDL said:
    stonevibe said:
    I'm puzzled.  If you don't mind me asking, why did you cancel the review?  I thought that's what reviews were for, i.e. to give honest appraisals of items.
    When something is really bad, you cannot fairly review a whole guitar line. So you send it back, as it would not be a real representation of all the guitars from that range.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Exorcist PM'd
  • stonevibe said:
    BillDL said:
    stonevibe said:
    When something is really bad, you cannot fairly review a whole guitar line. So you send it back, as it would not be a real representation of all the guitars from that range.

Would the same logic apply if it was exceptionally good?
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13360
    stonevibe said:
    BillDL said:
    stonevibe said:
    I have to say you can only review as you find.  Gibson must have felt that they were sending you a representative guitar so if it was crap, I'd have let my review stand.  If they couldn't be arsed to QC the guitar they were sending out, then they deserve everything they get.  After all, some other poor mug would have shelled out £2.5k and received a munter - so why not highlight the fact?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still looking