Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Greatest Song Of All Time

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2099
Let’s do it, one song name it. No honourable mentions just name the song. Surprised myself with this (should be Oasis or the Beatles for me if I’m biased) but recording it now with the wife and thinking fuck me I wish I wrote this!!

Meatloaf - I would Do Anything For Love

Don’t even think this is emotional/related to his or Steinmans recent passing it’s just an epic song. 

RIP Mr Loaf/Steinman 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2099
    Shit I just put the same question to my wife and she has swayed me… Unchained Melody!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I applaud this. No words, no attempt to qualify just boom there it is!!! That’s what we want
  • vizviz Frets: 11043
    edited February 2022
    It’s got to be the best song from the best musician, right?, so, Lately:

https://youtu.be/vXeZltHau20
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

viz said:

Wouldn’t say so. Best musician may not necessarily be responsible for the best song of all time… that’s a different question I think. That’s no reflection on your choice though, if that’s the greatest song of all time in your opinion then completely valid in terms of the threads sentiment.
    CMW335 said:
    viz said:

Wouldn’t say so. Best musician may not necessarily be responsible for the best song of all time… that’s a different question I think. That’s no reflection on your choice though, if that’s the greatest song of all time in your opinion then completely valid in terms of the threads sentiment.
    Good point. And anyway I was wrong anyway, the answer is What a Wonderful World!

https://youtu.be/CWzrABouyeE
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Surely this is an impossible question? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 6020
    The overture to the Marriage of Figaro. (Mozart.) The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Surely this is an impossible question? 
    5 answers so far so I would say no. Let me clarify it’s greatest song in your opinion. Maybe there will be debate, argument etc but thinking the end result will be a thread that gives us a bunch of songs to listen to or revisit. 

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    edited February 2022
    Bob Marley - no woman no cry.

/thread :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • you guys can all stop posting other nonsense. The answer is Born To Run. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12887
    edited February 2022
    Pink Floyd echoes
    edited February 2022
    munckee said:
    Pink Floyd echoes

What, they agree with Born to Run?? 
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3102
    Ace Of Spades.  Under three minutes long, great intro, great hook, and it’s fucking rapid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 212
    Billy Joel - Piano Man. 

Great hooks, albeit with no real chorus. Lovely playing, good storytelling, with some great lines. 

Also a muso song about being a muso. 
  • Leonard Cohen’s ‘Famous Blue Raincoat’ or Clifford T. Ward’s ‘Trespass’, neither of which would be most folks choices (or for that matter will have been heard by the vast majority), but they are utterly perfect in their angst-ridden bitterness. :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    you guys can all stop posting other nonsense. The answer is Born To Run. 
    That's not even Springsteen's greatest song! Or even the best song on Born To Run...

It is good, but Thunder Road, Racing In The Streets, The River, Atlantic City and Born In The USA are all better just for starters :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein