Cover challenge 18 - the letter “E”

What's Hot

Comments

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Habanero said:
    Sent one in.
    I'm not sure that @poopot is available at the moment.

You coud send it to me using the email address on the Composition Challenge thread and I'll upload it.

Cheers, resent to alternate email address as suggested!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not a competition.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    @flying_pie It's only fair to point out that some changes in personal circumstances mean I might struggle to get two in on time after all. Recently lost pretty much all my free time to a combination of factors. However, I am striving, I am striving ...
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Sent mine too. 
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • fnpt said:
    Sent mine too. 

If you don't hear anything soon, you could send it to the following email and I'll upload it for you.

Compositions@theFB.co.uk

It's not a competition.
    Thanks, will do.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Back from my week being pampered in the cooler... the mods give a great foot massage ya know!!!! They really put the effort in....

@fnpt in the list

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-19-e?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
  • Snags said:
    @flying_pie It's only fair to point out that some changes in personal circumstances mean I might struggle to get two in on time after all. Recently lost pretty much all my free time to a combination of factors. However, I am striving, I am striving ...

Strive away. I hope you get at least one in as I really liked the last one and want to hear more.

In the meantime I'l try and resist the temptation to record a third entry as I've almost finished my second

(Not sure the first one really counts as a huge amount of work TBF)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

(Not sure the first one really counts as a huge amount of work TBF)
    I think I played the first one 3 times trying to work out why nothing was happening!

Thanks @poopot

A few notes about my entry.

I initially though about doing a cover "in the style of" instead of going the boring route of doing a much lesser version of the original. However, having spent two straight days unable to programme a decent drum track I decided to use a midi track of the original which left no other option than to re-create it.

I tuned everything down 1/2 so I could at least try to sing it in tune as I have a very limited vocal range. Because of that, I've also kept the register in the chorus parts.

Sounds:

Drums: Midi track into Garage Band´s virtual drummer

Track 1: LP > PlexiRanger > Laney Cub 12 > post reverb/ compression/ eq

Track 2: LP > Boosted PlexiRanger > as above

Bass: P bass > DI in garage Band > as above

Vocals doubled and applied different chorus/ flanger effects in each track and reverb.

Overall, it was a nice exercise and I learned a lot in the process. I look forward to next one.
    ____
    @stratman3142 As Mr Poopot is enjoying an extended period hiding in the fridge, should we send all entries to the compositions address for the time being? I'm fairly sure Stu isn't going to be released back into the wild until the week after next.

I'm dangerously close to tipping the first entry in (which was supposed to be the one I'd do if I had time after the main one, but circumstances meant I got it done first).
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Snags said:
    @stratman3142 ...should we send all entries to the compositions address for the time being? 

Sound like a good idea. Entries can be sent to the following email address in the interim and I'll upload them.

Compositions@theFB.co.uk

Which reminds me. I need to get a move on with my entry.

It's not a competition.
    Stu has told me that he still has access to the bits so can do it, if he's not sulking ;)
    Right, tipped one in to the official covers address; just because he's resting doesn't mean Stu should rest, obviously, If he tells me to FRO I'll send it to Compositions :)

Full disclosure @flying_pie - this is the one that was going to be the "extra if I get time" because my primary target is causing me a lot of aggro. But I may land two entries so I can score the distinction of double-0 :D
    edited March 2022
    Is he ( @poopot ) ok?
  • westfordwestford Frets: 580
    Guess he won’t be responding to my PM any time soon then, so I’ll ask the question here. Does my cover have to be new or could I submit something I recorded last year?
    Habanero said:
    Is he ( @poopot ) ok?
    He's currently encarcerated with a baseball glove and a ball. I dread to think how he's using them.
    Snags said:
    Habanero said:
    Is he ( @poopot ) ok?
    He's currently encarcerated with a baseball glove and a ball. I dread to think how he's using them.
    We can safely assume he’s not brushing up on his fingerpicking.
    edited March 2022
    I AM THE VOICE OF POOPOT. HEAR ME AND TREMBLE. 

play list updated:

[Link removed because it's the wrong one]

Also, @westford you're more than welcome to submit a Blue Peter "one you prepared earlier".

TRANSMISSION ENDS. HAIL POOPOT.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    POOPOT PARITY ERROR. PIECES OF NINE 

Wrong link, apparently:

[Still wrong link. FFS Stu]

Comment to @westford stands.

SLAVE OF POOPOT RELEASED