SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Road Worn 60's Stratocaster in Faded Candy Apple Red

notsopronotsopro Frets: 241
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
With a new addition to the collection arriving soon, the one in one out rule means this lovely strat has to go. Purchased myself from Andertons middle of last year, not had too much use and therefore in very good condition, with the exception of the notable 'relic' as standard.

Comes with 'deluxe' fender gigbag, trem arm and backplate (will put back on before sale) etc. Other than that any questions please ask away. 

Based in Essex, do lots of travel for work around the country, and could potentially post if needed.

Price: £800

Andertons Spec & Photos:

USA pickups and limited edition colour

This particular Strat is extra special. It's equipped with a trio of USA-made American Vintage '59 pickups for a rocking authentic vintage tone. You'll also stand out from the crowd thanks to a classy rare Faded Candy Apple Red finish.

Construction

We all want our Fender to age like a real vintage instrument. In the case of the Road Worn Strat, it will! It's coated in a nitrocellulose lacquer, allowing the paint to wear in beautifully over years of playing.

The Road Worn harks back to early Fender design, boasting a curved 7.25-inch radius fretboard and mid-'60s "C" shape neck, perfect for big bends and a thumb-over-fingerboard technique. The pau ferro fretboard and maple neck combination feels great with vintage tall frets under your fingers.

Sound

This is where the Limited Edition Road Worn comes into its own. The '60s Strat is packing a trio of hot American Vintage '59 single coil pickups, which you'll also find on Fender Custom Shop guitars. Yep, they sound that good. The '59s produce a spicy top end, rich in harmonics and with a lively bass. The alnico V magnets have a great effect on the focus, creating a slicing attack in the bridge position and a classic lead tone in the neck.

Specifications

Body

• Country Of Origin: MX
  • Color: Candy Apple Red
  • Body: Alder
  • Body Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Body Shape: Stratocaster

Neck

• Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
  • Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Frets Size: Vintage Tall
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Position Inlays: Black Dot

Electronics

• Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '59 Strat
  • Middle Pickup: American Vintage '59 Strat
  • Neck Pickup: American Vintage '59 Strat
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
  • Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
  • Pickup Configuration: SSS

Hardware

• Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
  • Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
  • Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
  • Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
  • Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    ^^^ Yes Nath, that’s effing gorgeous.  Not currently in the market but if I was, this would be coming home with me. 
  • If it's anything like my 60's Classic Jag (seems similar spec and year-wise) it'll be a really quality instrument. If you can get along with the 7.25" radius 'board I doubt you could do better for the money.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve got the ‘normal’ version in LPB and it’s a cracker, lovely neck profile, weight and resonance, and already sounds damned good with the standard pickups, so I can only imagine that this is even nicer! GLWTS :)
  • notsopronotsopro Frets: 241
    Cheers for the free bumps and kind words, just to add it is a great sounding and playing thing, only real reason for letting this one go is I have a player series strat which is also a great guitar, and selling that wouldn't get me as much towards me new one as this will :)