SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trade / Sell Marshall 4203 1 x 12 30 watt combo JCM800 for 5 watt head CHAMP OR PRINCETON STYLE

AJSAJS Frets: 45
edited September 9 in Amps £
https://imgur.com/a/k69mUEE

Marshall 4203 from 1986 the first year of production  £320 REDUCED TO £300 

Google these on you tube or look for a review.  

REVIEW    https://wgsusa.com/marshalls-great-sleeper-amp-artist-32034203#:~:text=This channel produces pure Marshall,clean channel is equally surprising.

The Artist 3203 head and the 4203, were made in the early eighties.  Like Leo Fender’s Music Man amps of that time, they are a hybrid amps.  They have a power section that consists of a pair of EL34’s with a 12AX7 phase inverter and solid-state rectification. 

The preamp section is all solid-state.  The amp is rated at 30 watts RMS, which makes it perfect for club gigs, plus the EL34’s are running so cool that they last forever in this amp.  Normally Marshall would get 50 watts out of 2 EL34s.

The boost channel has controls for tone, gain, and volume.  This channel produces pure Marshall crunch and it can do it at any volume.  This is the holy grail of Marshall crunch tone; sounds like a full stack on the bleeding-edge, yet at a volume that is perfect for a club gig, or for recording!

The clean channel  has a gain control and a full bass-mid-treble tone stack.  I own a number of Marshall and Fender amplifiers and this amplifier has a great spring reverb much better than most Marshalls I have ever used.

Sounds like a JCM800 but you can run it at pub gig volume

Good condition apart from fading of the speaker grill cloth below the Marshall logo.

Since I originally advertised this I have managed to aquire the original footswitch which switches the boost and reverb on and off although I have not taken a photograph of it.  The footswitch in the photos is just a generic channel changer.

Just had a full service new valves etc at Aston Electronics (Geoff Pugh) cost me £130

Look at the price of these on Ebay or Reverb

Would trade for low power combo or head 5F1 champ or princeton 

The Laney 5 watt Lionheart  would be ideal or a blues junior which I would put cash towards

Or any other low power head or combo would be considered

I would add cash if needed

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments