SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

withdrawn

JimmyedsJimmyeds Frets: 15
edited April 2022 in Guitars £

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JimmyedsJimmyeds Frets: 15
    edited April 2022
    Having a little clearout if anyone has any interest....

Charvel Custom Shop San Dimas Trans Blue Quilt -USA made £1650

https://photos.app.goo.gl/afeTpEBfGKGXvVpP8

An absolute stunner here.  Having recently succumbed to GAS, i have found myself in possession of far too many guitars and far too little ability.  This was the one that started it all.  Check photos out, and also have the build spec floor runner attached in the album.
    Basically a serious high end guitar, and one that i have been frightened of playing if i am honest.  All the bells and whistles, flight case, not many marks other than light swirls on her.  No dents or scrapes to speak of.  Loose bit of material around the bridge pick up, thats possibly all to really speak of.
    Looking to sell only, unless a really interesting trade pops up, but having picked up a mexican so cal in lime green, and a dk24, i think i have my full allowance of charvels.  Try me though, never know....
    guitar located northants/cambs border.  Don't really want to send, too much of a risk.  

Fender 50s Vintera Telecaster in Sonic Blue  £620

https://photos.app.goo.gl/34137RZGJicyNfJz7
    recently acquired after feeling the need to get into the telecasters a bit more (riddled with floyd rose guitars at the moment)

This is the 50s vintera telecaster. Plays really nice and silky smooth, probably benefit from a proper set up as chokes out at the higher end of the fret board - and i may well sort this if i keep it, but i'm not sure i get on too well with gloss fretboards anyhow.  The 7.5 inch radius neck really feel comfortable, and may well go for this spec again - but it is a bit to clean for me.  I would be interested in a trade against a roadworn original tele, or the vintera roadworn, ideally in blonde, or indeed any interesting telecaster.   
    sale preferred possibly, rather have it collected but will courier at cost, including insurance
    northants/cambs border.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/34137RZGJicyNfJz7
    recently acquired after feeling the need to get into the telecasters a bit more (riddled with floyd rose guitars at the moment)

This is the 50s vintera telecaster. Plays really nice and silky smooth, probably benefit from a proper set up as chokes out at the higher end of the fret board - and i may well sort this if i keep it, but i'm not sure i get on too well with gloss fretboards anyhow.  The 7.5 inch radius neck really feel comfortable, and may well go for this spec again - but it is a bit to clean for me.  I would be interested in a trade against a roadworn original tele, or the vintera roadworn, ideally in blonde, or indeed any interesting telecaster.   
    sale preferred possibly, rather have it collected but will courier at cost, including insurance
    northants/cambs border.
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 245
    Tele looks lovely, how much would you like for it?
  • gonna need to price up some of these before the mods take your advert down..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

edited April 2022
    Sorry guys, price i thought in the add...
    Custom shop charvel £1650

Vintera telecaster £620
  • Man, that Charvel is lovely!!

Would a Gibson Les Paul Classic be of any interest?
    Tele looks lovely, how much would you like for it?
    Hi Martin. £620 in an ideal world..  
    Man, that Charvel is lovely!!

Would a Gibson Les Paul Classic be of any interest?
    Thanks, possibly not, never got on with les Paul's... probably rather the charvel sells, trades on the others maybe
  • genuine question... what is the big difference between your Custom Shop and say the current  Chlorine Burst Pro Mod San Dimas...

I get the USA v Mexico.. and the genuine OFR.. but after that?? is the maple cap thicker? There are other things I'm missing no doubt...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Stainless frets, higher end pick ups, neck quality,the finish on the paint in daylight is absolutely stunning. Bookman hung of a higher quality. I have had various professional players have a go in it, whose usual weapons include suhr Guthrie Govan, fender custom shop, 87 charvel model 5 amongst other and all have said this is as good, if not better as a player and sounding professional level guitar.
    I, on the other hand, am shit, and don't dare play it... I got it a year or so back with the intention of going for it and learning to play properly during the lockdown periods, but work kept me busy so didn't
    I did however contract a serious disease of having to buy any guitar I can do in the search for the perfect collection.  The funds from this may get me a telecaster and decent amp... undecided
    edited March 2022
    Not sure what else, just feels different. I have a 2015 socal charvel too and as a playing machine, chalk and cheese
  • I'm going to add that Charvel to my 'if the Suhr sells...' list... it's a beauty. 
  • Jimmyeds said:
    higher end pick ups
    Which ones specifically?

The maple cap is one big difference, though... (hope this one does have a real maple cap vs the veneer on the mex ones).
    The floor runner is on the pics, I believe they are a tb4 Jeff beck in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, would.have to do a physical inspection to clarify which id be happy to do
  • Jimmyeds said:
    The floor runner is on the pics, I believe they are a tb4 Jeff beck in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, would.have to do a physical inspection to clarify which id be happy to do

same pickups as the mexican then I think.. 

but yeah the floor runner states a 1/8inch cap.. no idea how thick a veneer would be though...

certainly doesn't say on the linked spec..

to reiterate, I'm not trying to diss your guitar or price.. It's USA made after all...  I'm literally just curious, mainly because I can only just afford a Mexican one..

My trading feedback

Jimmyeds said:

same pickups as the mexican then I think.. 

but yeah the floor runner states a 1/8inch cap.. no idea how thick a veneer would be though...

certainly doesn't say on the linked spec..

to reiterate, I'm not trying to diss your guitar or price.. It's USA made after all...  I'm literally just curious, mainly because I can only just afford a Mexican one..

I completely agree, players way above my pay grade can probably tell the difference. And, to play it feels like a Bentley vs maybe a high end vauxhall or Ford, or maybe jag. I'm more  at home with a Mexican, less to damage... 
    Think it would have been a near 3k order at the time...
    charvel pending sale.  Ibanez and vintera telecaster still available.  Please save me the effort of ebay and facebook!!  trades considered too, open to all really, plus cash your or my way.  keen to try a few more brands...
    So, charvel has sold. 
    Ibanez and vintera telecaster still available.
    Very much open to trades with amps, kind of guitar'd out for the time being,(although no gibsons in the fold...)
    Open to offers as they aren't getting used, and wife is starting to whinge more than I find acceptable...
    Price drop on lovely vintera and the stunning ibanez!! Open to trades. Need a nice amp...