SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: something Les Paul like £300

What's Hot
Title says it all.

My first electric guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Cherry Burst. I had it modded with a higher output bridge pup and both coil-tapped. My local luthier had it set up beautifully. I then changed all the plastics to black and it looked fantastic. Then I sold it because I wasn't playing much. Idiot.

My one complaint about it was the weight. Otherwise it's perfect. These days I'll live with the weight problem. But I'm happy to try another brand. Vintage. Harley Benton. PRS SE. What else is there?

What have you got?
Near to Peterborough is better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 460
    I have a Vintage V100 which was £340, I think - no complaints, it's a nice guitar and while I don't know the weight (I can weight it tonight if you like), I don't personally think it's heavy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 460
    I'm not selling it, by the way, just letting you know it's worth considering!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8342
    You can pick up a used Vintage V100 (or variation of) for around £200 in tidy condition. 

The AFD model is great for GNR and rocky tones, the MU model has decent stacked P90’s I’m there, and the best Maestro trem I’ve ever used.  Full solid body, and slightly over sized, so bit of a beast weight wise. 
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1186
    TheMarlin said:
    You can pick up a used Vintage V100 (or variation of) for around £200 in tidy condition. 

The AFD model is great for GNR and rocky tones, the MU model has decent stacked P90’s I’m there, and the best Maestro trem I’ve ever used.  Full solid body, and slightly over sized, so bit of a beast weight wise. 
    GAK have an AFD in their used section. It looks superb. I now have the issue of deciding whether to do it, and how to explain a new guitar to my better half.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 595
    Go for it man! You only live once. I'm sure you can use the "oh that? I've always had it" line on the other half like so many of us do?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    The Greco that @Garold86 is selling looks like a decent purchase.  MIJ too.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13309
    I'm very tempted by one of these currently...

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_sc_550plus_emg_ftf.htm
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    I'm very tempted by one of these currently...

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_sc_550plus_emg_ftf.htm
    Nice. I've never considered active pickups, that'll sing I imagine.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    i had one of those Vintage AFD a few years ago, was heavier than the moon, lovely guitar but i reckon it was over 10lb 
    i had one of those Vintage AFD a few years ago, was heavier than the moon, lovely guitar but i reckon it was over 10lb 
    And that's a possible problem. I don't mind heavy if it's a great guitar, but my Epi Les Paul felt heavy and that's when I was young. Mind you I'm probably a lot stronger now, just my back can't handle it.

Maybe I should consider lighter options in a similar style. 
  • Have a look at Dave Simpson you tube channel.
    he just got a Goldtop from east coast that he is raving about.
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    £30 pound over budget but I think this is a solid shout 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/second-hand/second-hand-prs-se-245-in-tobacco-burst
    Rocky1991 said:
    £30 pound over budget but I think this is a solid shout 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/second-hand/second-hand-prs-se-245-in-tobacco-burst
    Agreed in terms of looks. I know nothing about the feel or features of anything, so probably need to go shopping a few times to try stuff.
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 139
    I stumbled on a youtube review of EART guitars available on Amazon.
    Stainless frets - good spec.  I can't see a LP type on UK Amazon but the review is here,  And they do make an LP type set neck

and the tele looks nice for £319 
    Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1355
    Vintage Lemon Drop ,great sounds and top reviews ,nicely balanced , definitely not a boat anchor ,it's the distressed version but doesn't look as worn as some of them ,comes with a padded gig bag £290 posted parcelforce 48.
    mark123 said:
    Vintage Lemon Drop ,great sounds and top reviews ,nicely balanced , definitely not a boat anchor ,it's the distressed version but doesn't look as worn as some of them ,comes with a padded gig bag £290 posted parcelforce 48.
    Have you listed on this site? Let's see some photos.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1355
    mark123 said:
    Have you listed on this site? Let's see some photos.
    Can you p.m me your e mail ? And i will fire over some pics , I was going to take it to the north east guitar show to sell this Sunday ,you can hire a spot on a stall for £6.00.
  • bluenilebluenile Frets: 48
    Spotted this one going used on Coda, very lightweight too https://www.coda-music.com/esp-ltd-ec256-black-rs1sh.html
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15019
    The LTD EC-256 is even slimmer than the EC-400/401 series. Hence, in my experience, the 256 never replicates the runaway steamroller power of a proper Les Paul. Its stock pickups leave something to be desired and the necks are a tad flexible.

Also, £300 seems a bit steep for pre-owned unless it has a super duper flight case.

The PRS SE 245 is a far better guitar - irrespective of price.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom