SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

John Hullah, hand made Brazillian Rosewood, cut away FS or Trade

What's Hot
Mercedes300Mercedes300 Frets: 30
edited March 2022 in Acoustics £
I have a John Hullah, Brazillian rosewood '690 model'. It really is a thing of beauty, with a 3 piece Brazillian back & sides, spruce top, and ebony fingerboard. Even the binding has been done in wood (probably maple, although I'm not sure. The guitar is mid-sized, similar to the size of a Martin 000, or OM model. It has a very unusual cut away that gives easy access to the top fret. Breedlove guitars appear to have a similar cut- away. The guitar is fitted with locking machine heads. Locking machine heads appear to be quite common on Hullah guitars.  The label inside is signed by Mr. Hullah, and is dated 1998. this would make it one of the last guitars John Hullah built, as I've never seen one listed with a later date. It comes in the original Hullah case, and the guitar is unmarked. I have the receipt for the sale to the 2nd owner for £2,250.00 in 2009, and I paid the same for it in 2015. I am looking to sell it for a similar amount, or trade it for a Martin 00-18 .Or other small bodied Martin. Indeed, I wouldn't rule out any interesting Martin
I'm struggling to attach photos here, but would be happy to e-mail them to anyone who's interested.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments