SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Could pickup experts take a look at these

Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10795

A friend of mine wants to sell these old pickups. The humbuckers were removed form a 64 Gibson 335 around 40 years ago 

The Tele pickups were removed from a 65 Tele 

The Gibson bridge pickup reads 7.2K on the bridge and 7.6K on the neck 

The Tele pickups are 9K bridge so possibly bad joint and 6.6K neck

These pickups belong to a good friend Jeff Smith, who others on here will probably know. He worked for Nevada music in the late eighties and early nineties.  There's no much he doesn't know about guitars but isn't net savvy hence my post. He wants some idea of value so he can sell them. Thanks all 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Obvious answer is it depends what someone is willing to pay :)

Assuming they are original which it looks like they are (but hard to be 100% without closer inspection by someone who knows PATs), factors to consider are (1) whether theres any evidence of rewires (PRICE DOWN), (2) if they are purple wire (PRICE UP) (3) covers have have been off (PRICE DOWN)

Stickers are in good nick, on all mine a bit more flakes off if you look at them the wrong way...
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    I’m definitely no expert but shouldn’t that tele neck pickup have cloth wiring (like the bridge pickup) if it’s from ‘65?

60s, non rewound pickups go for £350-£500 a pickup. 
  • JGCJGC Frets: 159
    TDubs said:
    I’m definitely no expert but shouldn’t that tele neck pickup have cloth wiring (like the bridge pickup) if it’s from ‘65?

60s, non rewound pickups go for £350-£500 a pickup. 

Not sure either but my neck pup is a 67 and it's not cloth wiring

• bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2926
    edited March 2022
    Tele bridge pup - open the brass plate gently and the date should be written inside. Be gentle.

Tele neck pup, I'm with @TDubs - Black and white plastic wiring is normally 69 onwards and maybe transitionary in late 68.
    Albeit I've seen cloth on early 69.
    Never seen that earlier.

Could be a rewind of course, and I could be talking total bs.