WTB: some guitar body offcuts for interesting project...

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
Hello ... I fancy having a go at one of these patchwork bass bodies ... : 

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f8455efb4634ca269fd8802219bf45b4/tumblr_nyufj91MqG1rdn04xo1_1280.jpg

With that in mind, I need some random and contrasting guitar body pieces - a nice mix of 4 different woods would be ideal. Anybody got any reasonably sized offcuts from bodies they've built? Don't really want to buy 4 full body blanks if I can help it! 

Cash waiting

Cheers. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2381
    @GSPBASSES - Got anything you want rid of? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14725
    With that in mind, I need some random and contrasting guitar body pieces
    Not entirely random. The parts need to be for the same body style. Do you have one shape in mind?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    TFunkfingers said:
    With that in mind, I need some random and contrasting guitar body pieces
    Not entirely random. The parts need to be for the same body style. Do you have one shape in mind?
    That exact shape - jazz bass body :-)
    tFB Trader
    Just need to be blank wood by the way, I'll be cutting and routing the body from them. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16917
    best way will be to make a batch of 4 ;)

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2355
    tFB Trader
    I have quite a few offcuts that might be okay for you, mainly Swamp ash Alder possibly Mahogany. I'll check the next time I'm in the workshop. Unfortunately that might be a little while, it's my fifth day in bed with Covid, I did try to get up this morning and go down the workshop as I felt okay but after about half an hour I was out of breath and feeling dizzy so went back to bed.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    I have quite a few offcuts that might be okay for you, mainly Swamp ash Alder possibly Mahogany. I'll check the next time I'm in the workshop. Unfortunately that might be a little while, it's my fifth day in bed with Covid, I did try to get up this morning and go down the workshop as I felt okay but after about half an hour I was out of breath and feeling dizzy so went back to bed.

Sorry to hear that pal, no rush, hope you feel better soon