SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Headstrong Lil King S 25watt Princeton. Sale pending.

4on64on6 Frets: 88
edited June 2022 in Amps £
I’ve been talking about selling this for ages. So…..
Cutting to the chase… I’m after £1150. Sorry, not interested in trades. 
Well regarded BLackface Princeton clone. Handwired and all that mallarchy…but the S version has 2x6L6s and bigger output transformer producing 25watts into an Eminence Legend 1x12. I believe it will run 6v6s and will be closer to 15-18 watts but you’d need to re-bias. 
Bought from a fellow TFBer about 2 years ago and not had a hard life due to some random world events and not being my only amp. Think I paid 1200 for it. It’s in very good condition with just a slight lifting of the cream tolex in a few corners… I’ll see if I can reglue in next few days.  
Superb cleans up to about 11 o’clock (the preamp circuit pretty much IS a Blackface Princeton clone after all…) and then gets gradually, gorgeously overdriven in a much more useable way than most of the Fenders I’ve owned (admittedly they were Silverface rather than Blackface).
Luscious spring reverb and tremelo which I believe is bias trem (please look that up to verify)
I actually have 2 of these and have no intension of parting with the other for the foreseeable… 
(They’re very similar but the one I’m keeping is a bit scruffy and has a Celestion in…which is not an improvement… just slightly different.)
I’m based in Stratford, East London. You can come and have a go, but we can’t really turn the wick up because I’m in a flat. 
Comes with the footswitch for Rev and Trem and a basic cover (which doesn’t quite fit cos the amp is 1 inch taller than a Princeton)
Might be willing to meet up somewhere for a reasonable petrol donation. 
If you’re wanting it sent, we need to discuss and I’d prefer you get the transport and insurance sorted from your end… I’m willing to pack as well as I can. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4on64on6 Frets: 88
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice! 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    Very nice! 
    Thankyou. I obviously think so as I have 2 but I came to realise its a bit excessive. 
  • What's the weight like compared to a fender Princeton?
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    My travel scales say 17.2kg for this… 
    Gonna guess a Princeton is a bit lighter (1x10 and 12 watt o/p transformer)… but the last time I had one was some time in the 1980s. (An original silverface that wasn't very old at the time… like me!)
    I’m a bit confused ! This has only had 1 view but 5 comments and 2 wows?? Something up with the metrics or am I misunderstanding them??
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1490
    4on6 said:
    I’m a bit confused ! This has only had 1 view but 5 comments and 2 wows?? Something up with the metrics or am I misunderstanding them??
    That's been broken on this forum for ages mate.

Dodge said:
    4on6 said:
    That's been broken on this forum for ages mate.

Ah ok thankyou!!
    Bump
    B
    U
  • BachBach Frets: 11
    I recommend the seller! Great guy, I bought a Silverface Vibrolux in the past and he shipped it to me (in Romania) and the packing was flawless! 
    Aww thanks dude!!! Hope you’re still enjoying it!!
  • BachBach Frets: 11
    Long gone, an the amps after it, and now another is up for sale here, can't settle...
    Bank hol bump
    B
    U
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 225
    Wish I had something to offer as I've been after one of these for years
    Thanks mate. It’s a sweet amp but I guess things are slow out there. My preference of ‘something to offer’ would be money, even though it debases the whole conversation. 
    If anyone wants to approach me about the figure described, I’m not about to give it away but I would like to move it on.. so we can talk. 
    B