Treble strings

Aaargh, my B string snapped and I've got 12 packets of strings, all now missing trebles. 
Is there nowhere that you can just buy treble strings, it's a real pain.... 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NomadNomad Frets: 549

Strings Direct have plenty of choice...

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/strings-c1/electric-guitar-single-strings-c534

I dare say there are others as well.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• Hallelujah!! Thanks - I've got a band audition on Wednesday so will need to get some packets this weekend, but will be ordering plenty of singles this weekend..

On another note... any hints for a decent tuner (mainly for acoustic)?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

On another note... any hints for a decent tuner (mainly for acoustic)?
    I use a couple of iPhone apps: Cleartune for quite some time and recently got the TC Polytune one. Also have a pedal Polytune but that needs to be plugged into. They all seem to work well. Used Cleartune for tuning an acoustic piano and it worked well. Been pleased with the pedal Polytune for electric and electro-acoustic - I do a 6-string strum for a quick check and have it set to streaming mode for individual strings. The big display of the current note is useful when changing strings - can home into pitch quickly.

Nomad

• ICBM, bang on, thanks!
    Nomad, I also have a tuner I can plug in to. I'll check what they have at guitar guitar..

There seem to be loads of tuners that have a mic, and start from around a tenner I think. The phone apps are about 3 quid and work very nicely. Cleartune has a moving needle type of display with a rotating dial to indicate the note, while the Poytune one mimics the pedal with the LED-style display. I think the streaming mode on the pedal version is better than the phone app version (faster/smoother).

I wouldn't use a phone app for live, though - too much faff, chance of interference being picked up by equipment (I don't play live so not an issue for me).

Nomad

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5228
    edited August 2014
    I bought some Rotosound yellows a while ago and they came with a spare top E string in each pack. I've gone back to D'Addarios now though as I prefer them and I hardly ever break a top E (famous last words...?).
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I got some trebles from the local guitar shop (Dunlops)  but will order some more from strings direct. 
    Ended up getting a Snark tuner. Will start another topic in the acoustic section regarding plectrums!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    There's an iPad / iPhone App called n-tune which seems to work very well.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited August 2014
    Try plus add PT2 iphone app ( freebie ) n for quiet area tune ups is excellent ( don't know if there's an android version? )
    Otherwise a snark at a Tenner is a no brainer
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    I use the Polytune app on my phone which is not free, but must be among the best £3s I've ever spent. It probably saved me more than that in hourly rate cost the very first time I used it, which was when I was setting up a guitar with a floating trem.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3487
    edited September 2014
    Just use your normal pedal tuner and a set of big headphones, put the headphones onto the guitar body and into the input jack so they work like a mic and tune/use as normal
  • Since I'm a real man I only break the really thick strings and so i have millions of the piddly little high ones....so if you wanted we could swap backlogs :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ