SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS- 1989 Ibanez RG760 Snakeskin

For sale is this Fujigen-built 1989 Ibanez RG760 in a fairly ostentatious snakeskin finish.

From what I can gather, it was a limited run for the European market and is quite a rare finish. It has the Jem-style heel (not AANJ) , HSS configuration and an original Edge trem. The body is basswood and the neck is stamped RG750 at the heel, though the 760 designation appears correct. I believe the finish is done the same way as the floral Jems, with a decal, black edges and clearcoat. 

It's in great playing condition (low action and a 5-fret pull up range on the trem) but has plenty of little finish chips and cracks around the edges, including hairline cracks around the heel of the neck. These are lacquer only. I've had the neck off for a setup and the internal is solid.

I have a Gator hardcase for it, and the box it was shipped to me in last summer. I bought the guitar to quench a shreddy thirst but the neck @18mm depth at the first fret is too slim and flat for me, and I'd like to get away for a week or two this summer...

You can see some images here:

I'll try to post more images in the comments. I could only see the option to upload links at the top of this box from my phone and don't have flickr or anything like that. I'll try on the laptop instead. 

Listing for £760 blindly to match the model number. I see listings for late 80s and early 90s Ibanez all over the place so feel free to make me an offer. I'm keen to move this one on before my passport renewal is ready! 

I'm based in Cardiff. Collection ideal but I'm happy enough to ship UK-only at buyer's expense.

Get in touch for more info, photos, videos, questions etc.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments