Does anybody else do this?

What's Hot
Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
edited April 2022 in Making Music
I play the guitar right handed - When I'm learning stuff I cannot for the life of me watch a left handed cover, lesson or anything of the like.

Occasionally I do just for the content and enjoyment.

I feel like I can't learn from it as I can't work out what he's playing by eye because it's mirrored. Which I feel pretty badly about because I should just be enjoying the content instead.

Does anybody else do this or am I weird? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    Same here. Lefties are weird. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    It's only weird if you have the same problem when watching piano lessons
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5406
    I hate watching left-handers play guitar. I'm fine with watching left-footed footballers, left-handed tennis players - hell, on the cricket pitch I bat left-handed myself, and swing a left-handed golf club - even left-handed handwriting, though that last makes me a little uncomfortable. Not entirely happy watching a left-arm bowler. Curiously enough, the quicks are OK but a left-arm spinner just looks weird. 

And for all of that, when I was taking guitar lessons not long ago, my teacher was left-handed. It seemed a bit weird but I very quickly got used to seeing him do stuff in mirror image and pretty much forgot about it after the first week or two.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    I feel double guilt because I'm a leftie that plays righty, and it does my head in watching people play leftie.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I really can't watch someone play lefty. Sorry, Jimi. 

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    edited April 2022
    Snags said:
    I feel double guilt because I'm a leftie that plays righty, and it does my head in watching people play leftie.

Me too. I am left handed and play the guitar right handed because left handed guitars upset me so much, they just look wrong and it feels weirder to play.