The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepy said:
    Now if it was Miranda Richardson !!!!! ;)
    In a perfect Who world, Capaldi would find Gallifrey and pull it back to this dimension, only to find that Rassilon has been toppled and Miranda Richardson in her Queenie persona is Time Lord President. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Exactly, with Melchett as some terrible comic pratfall
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I actually like Miranda's pratfall comedy, although I shudder at the thought of her in Dr Who. Having said that, I thought Catherine Tate would be a disaster (I don't like her comedy), but in actual fact I thought she was superb as assistant. Based on that, I wouldn't write anyone off personally without seeing them in the role. 

It goes without saying though that I prefer sexy assistants!
  • Don't forget Clara is the Impossible Girl and has already been killed off twice so as soon as panto season finishes......................

Personally would like to see Lara Croft as the new assistant
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Don't forget Clara is the Impossible Girl and has already been killed off twice so as soon as panto season finishes......................

Personally would like to see Lara Croft as the new assistant

please tell me you mean Angelina Jolie's version of lara croft

http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/15/23/980x490/landscape-1433335047-angelina-jolie-tomb-raider.jpg

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

Jolie would make a better Missy.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    frankus said:

Jolie would make a better Missy.

I agree, although given Jolie's track record (her films seem to bomb) Doctor Who wouldn't last long.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    edited November 2015
    Rhona Mitra would be a good call for the next assistanot , combines a little Tomb Raider and serious sex appeal to keep us Dads happy ;) Rhona was one of the models used to promote the Tomb Raider game originally,and does look hot in the Lara Croft outfit
  • Seriously, are any of you chaps going to pull that one apart.  ?

• If the rooms reset themselves why didn't the room with the diamond stuff in reset itself?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • One word will describe tonight's episode....garbage.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    That's the third episode in a row I've fallen asleep in. Not good.
  • Think i might be watching a different show, I was glued all the way through.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Today's was slow and silly. I started playing Angry birds at the same time after 20 mins. When it got onto the repeat scene at the end I got fed up and went to tidy the kitchen whilst it lived out its indulgence. Some major silly stuff. I liked it not. As often the case, unfulfilled potential.
  • Think i might be watching a different show, I was glued all the way through.

Me too. I pegged it as the Confession Dial, but I honestly didn't see the end scene coming. I figured the whole scheme might have something to do with them (particularly as a return would require that there is no companion), but I didn't think it'd happen this soon.
    <space for hire>
    One word will describe tonight's episode....garbage.
    It was very good .. maybe you didn't 'get it' ... classic Who.

Good news .. Moffat's not writing any more scripts ..

Fretwired said:
    One word will describe tonight's episode....garbage.
    It was very good .. maybe you didn't 'get it' ... classic Who. The Doctor's confession dial becomes a torture chamber and Galifrey is back.

• Fretwired said:
    It was very good .. maybe you didn't 'get it' ... classic Who.

Going by Twitter, a large amount of Tennant fans have just tuned out permanently. Good! 

It was fabulous. To quote a far wiser man than most people from elsewhere:

"The question that episode produces is this:

If Moff can write an episode so fantastically weird, strange, and wonderful that it makes Warrior's Gate look like Trumpton, why has so much of this season been so utterly useless?

Reduce Clara to a bare minimum, no rubbish monsters, take out dreadful Zygon episodes masquerading as political commentary, take out Missy Poppins, take out guitar nonsense, reduce the use of the sunglasses, don't feature a school, and replace it all with a clever intelligent decent script and some serious acting.

Marvellous. Simply marvellous."

• Reduce Clara to a bare minimum, no rubbish monsters, take out dreadful Zygon episodes masquerading as political commentary, take out Missy Poppins, take out guitar nonsense, reduce the use of the sunglasses, don't feature a school, and replace it all with a clever intelligent decent script and some serious acting.

Yes. Apart from anything, you don't need all that fluff with the potential for the Time Lords to return. Gallifreyan society has already (in the old series) been established to have more political intrigue than The West Wing.
    <space for hire>
  • Yes. Apart from anything, you don't need all that fluff with the potential for the Time Lords to return. Gallifreyan society has already (in the old series) been established to have more political intrigue than The West Wing.
    It's quite fun going back through some of my Who reference books. When The Deadly Assassin was screened, a lot of fans actually bitched about Gallifrey being deconstructed in front of their very eyes. Fanzines and letters pages were not lacking in complaints. The sort of Twitter griping you get now from the Tennant fans is merely following in the footsteps of tradition.