Spike booted from the Quireboys

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2248
Anyone following the back and forth?

To summerize - Three of the quireboys band sent a letter to Spike saying he's out. They then followed it up saying Spike's been mean to them and has been for a while. Spike followed it up saying, the post is riddled with inaccuracies, etc etc.

To me Spike is he embodiemnet of the Quireboys and a guy who truely embodies rock n roll despite his many, many flaws, which i suppose is what makes him.

Guy Griffin is now doing vocals for the Quireboys, saw a few clips and he's really pretty ok!

I've met all main characters at one point or another and for the most part they all seem like nice people, it's a shame its come to this.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The fact that gigs are being cancelled left right and centre tells you what fans think and promotrs think. I imagine a lot comes from him doing loads of solo gigs, but Im only casually observing. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2248
    The fact that gigs are being cancelled left right and centre tells you what fans think and promotrs think. I imagine a lot comes from him doing loads of solo gigs, but Im only casually observing. 

Yeah that was part of it, double booking solo gigs - that's from the bands side though, he's saying he didn't. Who knows :)
    Apparently venues have been 'overwhelmed' with refund requests.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7432
    I saw them in January with Spike - I can see why his constantly pissed persona was causing friction. He is a great showman, but the rest of the band held them together. I also saw them at Rambing Man festival 5 years ago and the band carried him all night as he could barely stand.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15281
    Sounds like a case of, "Shall we collect Syd?" "Nah!"
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    I supported Spike on Friday night. I got told bits I can't repeat. As with all these things it does seem that there is more to the story than both sides are saying publicly.

I can tell you that he is lovely, very warm and generous with his time, there wasn't a single fan that didn't get a chat and a pic. He was great on stage. I had a blast.

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast