SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Epiphone Custom Shop Flying V - Black/White (Schenker), Vintage Dimarzio Super Distortion

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
SOLD Very eye catching Epiphone Custom Shop V 2005-06 limited edition, it's not strictly a Schenker guitar but clearly thats what they were aiming for! I had an itch for one of these due to my love for a famous metal band, alas it's never really played as it's impractical to say the least, it's great standing up with it tbf! I don't want to sell it but it really needs to be with someone who will love it and play it.

It has seen some use and suffered a few issues, but I got this from Jon at Feline and it's all sorted now with no further issues.

It's a little heavy for a V and it's what I'd class as good condition, but it's certainly not pristine. It has suffered a slight separation of the fingerboard from the neck but that was all well repaired before Jon got it, the repair shows in the paint but you can't feel it. There are a couple of scuffs on the fins and some lacquer cracks, but nothing to interfere with playing or that affects the structure of the guitar.

Basic specs are (I believe):

Alder Body
Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Board
Epiphone Neck pickup
Epiphone Bridge/Tailpiece
Grover Tuners
Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge

Sounds like a classic V should!

Jon did a fret dress and level, fitted an Earvana, and swapped out the switch, jack, and pots for CTS500k ones. The control cavity has been screened with paint too. 

The rear mounted button is a recessed Dunlop straplock type so the strap will stay close to the back to minimise tipping. Jon also fitted an early 80's Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge for my Hetfield wants! Sounds great!

It comes with a Ritter gigbag thats not padded but keeps it clean, and I'll include the actual Dunlop straplocks so you can use them.

I'm looking for £400 or near offers, I can't ship it unfortunately as I don't have a box or anything, happy to chat about it though as I travel a bit for work.

I now have a box big enough to send this in, but I'm wary as it's a set neck in an unpadded bag. I'm happy to fill the box and pad it as best I can, but it would be sent uninsured as it's not in a case. If you're willing to take the risk I can send at cost, let me know!

I've borrowed a few of Jon's pics as it demonstrates the fretboard repairs better than I can!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11898
    tFB Trader
    It was one of their custom shop guitar of the month runs that were made for only one month so very limited numbers - maybe 800 worldwide.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
    It was one of their custom shop guitar of the month runs that were made for only one month so very limited numbers - maybe 800 worldwide.
    Thanks Jon, I've been trying to find some info but there's not much about!! It's a lovely V but you made my Gibson too damn irresistible!! That'll be coming to you for a refret at some point :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is Alder body correct? Not Mahogany?
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2505
    edited April 2022
    Is Alder body correct? Not Mahogany?
    Yep, at least according to the Epiphone wiki:

Annoyingly no mention of the guitar on the 2006 Epiphone site. But Epiphone have used alder as a substitute for years, or at least they used to. My Epiphone Les Paul is mahogany back (pre ugly stripey veneers) and an alder top, with a maple veneer on the alder. I'm pretty sure a lot of the "korina" Vs and Explorers were alder with korina veneers, too.
    Tim
    Yep as @timmypix said! Apparently so anyway :)

timmypix said:

Annoyingly no mention of the guitar on the 2006 Epiphone site. But Epiphone have used alder as a substitute for years, or at least they used to. My Epiphone Les Paul is mahogany back (pre ugly stripey veneers) and an alder top, with a maple veneer on the alder. I'm pretty sure a lot of the "korina" Vs and Explorers were alder with korina veneers, too.
    Thanks for that mate, very much appreciated! I couldn't find the Epiphone Wiki as it had gone offfline apparently. Did you use the wayback machine?

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2505
    Boromedic said:
    timmypix said:

Thanks for that mate, very much appreciated! I couldn't find the Epiphone Wiki as it had gone offfline apparently. Did you use the wayback machine?
    Yep!
    Tim
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7466
    That’s awesome , properly fantastic . Can you move closer to the South Coast please Boromedic ?
    That’s awesome , properly fantastic . Can you move closer to the South Coast please Boromedic ?
    Hahaha, would be nice (although my missus wouldn't be happy)! I work around Aylesbury if thats any use? :)

timmypix said:
    Boromedic said:
    timmypix said:

Yep!
    Legend, I never thought of that last night, thanks you :)

• Where abouts are you located? out of interest.... ;)
    Leicestershire mate, I see you're from my home town though? ;)

• Boromedic said:
    Leicestershire mate, I see you're from my home town though? ;)
    Ha! I was hoping your name was in relation to the mighty Boro. 
    Bless you, yeah that's where it's from, promotion this year!! Fingers crossed anyway :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Now have a shipping box, so if anyone's on the fence we can have a chat about it. Let me know!

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7466
    Boromedic said:
    Now have a shipping box, so if anyone's on the fence we can have a chat about it. Let me know!
    Bugger ….. bought a Bass VI this morning with my GAS tokens
    Boromedic said:
    Bugger ….. bought a Bass VI this morning with my GAS tokens
    No worries! Hope you're enjoying the Bass!

Bump - might try eBays 80 percent this weekend incentive!

Bump

• SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    I so want this and after six days of looking at this thread the desire is not going away. On the one hand I keep saying to myself it is cheap and fairly local, just buy it. On the other I have to admit I have three V's (including an Aria in black and white halves) which don't get played very much at all so like you would have to admit it would be better off with someone else.
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood