PSA: 6 Music festival on iPlayer

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
Not much of interest to me but acts include the Manics and Johnny Marr who have their following on here. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve just witnessed the Manics murdering Madonna. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Little Simz is well worth watching. Idles arecnext on my list
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6950
    edited April 2022
    I’ve just witnessed the Manics murdering Madonna. 
    Nowhere near as badly as they murdered their own Methadone Pretty on that same gig.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    I’ve just witnessed the Manics murdering Madonna. 
    If only.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Not cool with the Manics bashing in this thread. JDB is a guitar hero for us all. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5318
    I watched most of the Khruangbin set while I did the ironing the other night. Can't quite decide what to make of it. Very funny, and they're a tight band, but it was a bit samey after 40 minutes.
    Liked the hip-hop bassline medley though. Whole place singing ODB's "Got Your Money".

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4127
    LPManic said:
    Not cool with the Manics bashing in this thread. JDB is a guitar hero for us all. 
    If only he could sing...
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3129
    edited April 2022
    LPManic said:
    Agreed! For context, this gig was upstairs in Clwb Ifor Bach, a Cardiff establishment and one of my old haunts, and for the Manics, a tiny venue, near their hometown, a venue they’ve never played before. It was a special gig for them. It looks to me they were in the moment and feeding off that energy, rather than caring about how they would sound to a radio audience. I’ve seen them a few times and it’s always a suberb gig. JDB ability to play guitar and sing is astounding. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13743
    The Manics are my favourite band.  The fact they stand for something, while chopping and changing genres and navigating their growth in age, while being quite sad at how the world works, has always chimed with how I feel.  If I had an iota of their talent, I might have written "Postcards from a Young Man" in my 30s.

JDB is one of the 90s best alternative rock musicians.  Whatever genre they seem to pass by he sort of switches all the way from Slash to Lindsay Buckingham and back again via the Clash... love the man.

Despite this, I have to say, JDB in the few months seems to be sort of speaking not singing lyrics, I'm actually a bit worried about his voice.  What do you think @LPManic as a fellow fan?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I stand by my previous post: JDB (a massive influence and hero for me back in the day) was terrible on Methadone Pretty, in terms of vocals. Absolutely miles off pitch. If ever there was a case for in-ear monitoring, that was it. Hugely increases your chances of hearing the pitch of instruments clearly without the distorting effects that volume has, and in turn increases your chances of pitching your vocals.

To add some positive spin, his guitar sound on the Holy Bible anniversary shows was possibly the finest I’ve ever heard live. Think he was using a Matchless combo, amongst others.

• Not much of interest to me but acts include the Manics and Johnny Marr who have their following on here. 
    Did I imagine it, or did Johnny sing “Now I know how Johnny Marr felt…” in Bigmouth Strikes Again?

To add some positive spin, his guitar sound on the Holy Bible anniversary shows was possibly the finest I’ve ever heard live. Think he was using a Matchless combo, amongst others.
    JDB is a massive gear nut.

I love the guy, I'd be terrified meeting him, despite everyone saying how nice he is!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12887
    I'm watching the pixies set right now on the big telly through the sounds bar - glorious.
    I like that two humbucker tele thing JDB is using there at the start...
    OK... just watched Wet Leg's set.

Clearly under instructions not to swear, the brunette lost it after saying "fuck" twice during recent single "Ur Mum" in a really endearing way.

I'm a little bit in love with her now.