SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Shell Pink MJT Tele - Musikraft Neck

What's Hot
benecolbenecol Frets: 404
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Here we have my shell pink MJT tele with Musikraft neck. I ordered the whole kit from Mark back in 2011 (blimey) and I love it to bits. Had loads of teles before, and while I felt Fender were getting there with the Baja, it wasn't quite right for me, so I specced my own. Specs are...

- Shell pink nitro tele with (very) light yellowing.
- Closet clean finish, no checking (it's since started to check of its own accord, natch).
- Ash body: whole guitar weighs 6lb 6oz.

- Musikraft neck made to the following spec: right-handed, 25.5 scale, 21 frets, 1-3/4" nut, standard heel, rock maple, Kluson tuner holes, single action trussrod, 7.25" radius, black markers with standard spacing, 6105 frets, flat nut, Fat C 1" to 1", slotted bone nut installed by Musikraft, semi rolled fingerboard edges.
- Musikraft sent the beck to MJT to finish in nitro, closet clean finish on the neck too.

- Closet clean hardware too.
- White button Allparts Klusons
- Wilkinson compensated brass saddle bridge
- Three-ply mint guard, domed knobs, round string tree, tophat switch tip,. Everything metal (including screws!) aged by MJT.
- Electrosocket jack, because life's too short for tele jacks.
- Fender '51 Nocaster pickups

Going to pause here to emphasise: it's Musikraft's Fat C neck, it's 1" thick all the way up, and it's lovely. Don't be scared.

Colour's looking a little bionic in the sun: left edge of first pic probably the most representative. It's just starting to check a bit, and it's got some dings and chips; I've played it a lot.

I'd rather sell it in one piece than part it out because it's a beauty and I love it. I'm looking for £725. (price assumes Paypal gift). I'm located near M5 J13, would drive 50 miles/halfway (whichever's shorter) to meet you for a little petrol money, or I'll (reluctantly, but it is a tele) ship it for £30.

Shout with any questions x

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lush. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8010

Does the sale include the socks?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 404
    Paul_C said:

Does the sale include the socks?
    Hahaha - those are special nitro-protection socks, like Steven Seagal uses in his walk-in Guitar Humidor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 699
    My MJT tele is the best tele I’ve owned or played. Put together by Alan Dingwall with a set of his amazing pickups and a bridge from a Nash tele. 
    It’s awesome. 
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    A price drop bump.
    Sold! Thanks all x
  • daddyashdaddyash Frets: 40
    Long shot I know, but you never know till you ask. 
    Whoever bought this, if you fancy moving it on, it’s flipping lovely! please let me know. 
    Cheers
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'll DM the buyer for you in case he's not seen, and try and not look at the pics or remember how great it was...
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
    daddyash said:
    Whoever bought this, if you fancy moving it on, it’s flipping lovely! please let me know. 
    Cheers
    Tim
    Hi Tim, excellent taste.
    I've still got it (albeit with a few more wear marks).
    It was very good before, but I've 'tweaked' it with a pair of custom wound Sunbear Pickups and then Lucky Dog cast bridge, control plate and heavy knurled knobs.  I've also got a heavy relic Custom Shop Nocaster with an equally fat neck.... but this is honestly a much better guitar.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    benecol said:
    I'll DM the buyer for you in case he's not seen, and try and not look at the pics or remember how great it was...
    Thanks mate
    daddyash said:
    Cheers
    Tim
    Hi Tim, excellent taste.
    I've still got it (albeit with a few more wear marks).
    It was very good before, but I've 'tweaked' it with a pair of custom wound Sunbear Pickups and then Lucky Dog cast bridge, control plate and heavy knurled knobs.  I've also got a heavy relic Custom Shop Nocaster with an equally fat neck.... but this is honestly a much better guitar.
    Hi Andy
    Thanks for the reply! The tweaks sound great! 
    If you ever fancy shifting it on, let me know ;)
    Cheers mate
    Tim