Votes are in… and the winner is:

@monquixote with 29 points:

winning entry below:
https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/everlong-monquixote

top three were

1st @monquixote 29 pts.  
2nd @IMC1980 22pts.
3rd @snags ;13pts

special mention to @flying_pie who never made it out of the gates with -10 for easy

top job all round chaps.

@monquixote you now have 48hrs to DM me your choice for F or I will pick for you (and I’ve got a bitch of a song in mind )

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    Woo and yay!

Really pleased to take part in the competition and was great learning FL Studio for my first dance banger :)

I'll think of a song and get it over to you ASAP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Congratulations ;

Great track. Now bring on F....
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Congratulations. 
    It's not a competition.
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Well done @monquixote !!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5367
    Congrats, @monquixote ; even if you're teetering on the same unforgivable thin ice as Habanero :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 580
    Well done!
    Snags said:
    Congrats, @monquixote ; even if you're teetering on the same unforgivable thin ice as Habanero :)

I suggest you stay well clear of the album that inspired my attempt, namely ‘Rock Swings’ by Paul Anka.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5367
    Habanero said:
    Snags said:

I suggest you stay well clear of the album that inspired my attempt, namely ‘Rock Swings’ by Paul Anka.

Heh. It's weird. Some of those things can really, really work. And some of them really don't. It probably depends how invested one is in the original track. I think the most disappointing thing I found in my dad's records as a kid was a "Beatles" album that was actually instrumental covers by a brass band. It was kind of good and horrific all at the same time.

Mind, I have a Hayseed Dixie album, so I should probably keep quiet :grin:

Snags said:

Heh. It's weird. Some of those things can really, really work. And some of them really don't. It probably depends how invested one is in the original track. I think the most disappointing thing I found in my dad's records as a kid was a "Beatles" album that was actually instrumental covers by a brass band. It was kind of good and horrific all at the same time.

I'm surprised that poopot is still alive after his version of Comfortably Numb! In a cupboard here I still have a '45 of 'Paranoid' by 'The Dickies'. I bought it as a kid because it was on clear vinyl and didn't even know it was a cover, and still now prefer it to the original.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Habanero said:

Snags said:

I'm surprised that poopot is still alive after his version of Comfortably Numb! In a cupboard here I still have a '45 of 'Paranoid' by 'The Dickies'. I bought it as a kid because it was on clear vinyl and didn't even know it was a cover, and still now prefer it to the original.

If you look back through the cover challenge archives there's a cover of Dolly Parton's 9-5 in the style of Public Enemy, recorded by a couple of white guys

I think anything is perfectly acceptable after that.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Habanero said:

Snags said:

If you look back through the cover challenge archives there's a cover of Dolly Parton's 9-5 in the style of Public Enemy, recorded by a couple of white guys

I think anything is perfectly acceptable after that.
    Still gets played in the car…

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/45u9Boj8FvuUFXK59
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom