SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T Gibson LP Traditional £1329; fresh pro setup. Cambridge or London

What's Hot
citesquestioncitesquestion Frets: 35
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Honey Burst (2016) Cambridge collection, hard case.

This is the quintessential Gibson Les Paul for relatively reasonable money. Thick mahogany body, maple cap. Mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard.Gibson PAF 57 Classic/57 Classic+ pickups. Tried and tested formula – no dubious twists. It sounds like one, it feels like one.

The best part of the guitar is a wonderful maple top. The guitar does have a fair number of dings. The previous owner placed a pick holder on the reverse of the headstock. My luthier just touched it up and now it looks like a slight mark. The price reflects the imperfections.

Frets in great condition, no issues whatsoever. Great player guitar which you won't spend too much time fretting about but rather flying over those frets. Original hard case – some wear but fully structurally sound.

Happy to discuss trades. Can meet in Cambridge or with prior arrangement in London (or maybe somewhere in between). Cash preferred. Send me a message if you have any questions.

4.1 kg / 9 lbs according to my bathroom scales.

Just got a fresh pro setup and plays perfectly.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/NiO6hsK

B&G Little Sister Crossroads Cutaway P90 in Tobacco Burst. Like new. Reinforced soft-case.
Now sold!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Bloody lovely. Good luck with the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks! It genuinely sounds great too
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Really good these are. I've had a Private Build and three or four of the Crossroads, and although there's a difference, there's nowhere near the difference that the price difference suggests. The first Crossroads that I had was wonderful and I wish I hadn't have sold it.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    One of these is definitely on my must have list at some point. What sort of thing are you looking for trade wise?
  • I actually agree with that. Having tried both, PB is the nicer version of the same guitar. A bit lighter, a bit mellower, a nicer top but there's no magic trick to make it 3x better. 

Crossroads are genuinely well made. If anyone wants to try it out, I'd be happy to show it in person. 
  • One of these is definitely on my must have list at some point. What sort of thing are you looking for trade wise?
    Either something cool, something quick to sell, or something harder to sell but nicer/more expensive. Apart from 80s super strats (just not my music style) I'd be happy to hear out any options with money going either way!
  • citesquestioncitesquestion Frets: 35
    edited April 2022
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Honey Burst (2016) Cambridge collection, hard case.

See above!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Two lovely guitars!
  • axisus said:
    Two lovely guitars!
    Thanks! I keep buying these singe-cut with sunburst guitars so maybe a time to venture out a bit.

Just wanted to add that if anyone is curious about the B&G and wants to try it out, happy to arrange that in Cambridge. 
  • A Lindt bunny or a Cream Egg for anyone who buys one of these 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1820
    Have a bump for the little sister great little blues rock guitars if I did not have two already I would jump for yours and the P90 version is the most versatile in the range of tones love them.
  • Got a small deposit for the Little Sister so pending the rest and collection. Gentle bump of the Gibson!
  • B&G was purchased by a nice chap for whom it will be his first electric. 

Gibson just got a full setup by my luthier who also touched up the pick holder mark. Plays better than it ever has.

Price slightly lowered. I tried checking other listings and seems to be a good few hundred cheaper than the competition. You can't go wrong! 
  • A few more swap offers but mostly for gear I'd need to sell. Anyone with a bit of cash and a need for a well-playing LP? Or _maybe_ a really cool swap?
  • Bumping as one chap couldn't transfer the money on time. Price seems at least a few hundred lower than the competition. Very decent Gibson!
  • A gentle bump 
  • A decent cash offer but need to ship. Perhaps somebody would be interested in pickup instead?
  • Sunday bump