John Scofield - Rick Beato

What's Hot
Great new Scofield interview with Rick Beato, Super humble and some great stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhqTM4kKRo&ab_channel=RickBeato
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Yes. Excellent, interesting interview.

It's not a competition.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    edited April 2022
    Yes, Rick has been releasing some brilliant interviews lately, hasn't it?!

Sco has always been one of the coolest guys in my view and an incredible musician. I love artists like him that come across as so down to earth, quick to praise others and that make no effort to elevate themselves.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited April 2022
    I could have easily watched another hour of John, so easy to listen to and like everyone has said - no ego getting in the way.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1328
    This will always be my Sco...
    Ibanez semi into RAT pedal into Roland Jazz chorus amps - and monster chops and melodies....
    Dennis Chambers on drums...Gary Grainger on (Seinfeld) slap bass...

I've never know a player so completely ditch his sound that made him so unique -
    I've tried to get into the Uberjam and later stuff.. and it just doesn't have the same fire for me...
    I spent a summer back in the 80s listening to Pick Hits on repeat in the car. Good times.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    It’s not my cup of tea musically from what I’ve heard of his work but I still enjoyed the interview. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    CaseOfAce said:
    This will always be my Sco...
    Ibanez semi into RAT pedal into Roland Jazz chorus amps - and monster chops and melodies....
    Dennis Chambers on drums...Gary Grainger on (Seinfeld) slap bass...

I've never know a player so completely ditch his sound that made him so unique -
    I've tried to get into the Uberjam and later stuff.. and it just doesn't have the same fire for me...
    I spent a summer back in the 80s listening to Pick Hits on repeat in the car. Good times.

Blue matter is my fave sco' album such good tunes .. !!

love this too ...

• randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Scofield changed my musical life when I first discovered him in my teens in the mid 90's. It was this opening track that did it. Loved Miles but just didn't connect with 'jazz' guitar. I heard this & realised 'Oh! It doesn't have to sound like Barney Kessel, Charlie Byrd or Joe Pass'.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    edited April 2022
    I thought I would like Scofield. I bought one album - Pick hits live. I found it unlistenable. I don't think I've ever managed to get through the whole album.

Haven't tried it for many years now, I think I'll give it a spin here at work ...
  • westwest Frets: 996
    axisus said:
    I thought I would like Scofield. I bought one album - Pick hits live. I found it unlistenable. I don't think I've ever managed to get through the whole album.

Haven't tried it for many years now, I think I'll give it a spin here at work ...
     Give blue matter a try on youtube it has dennis chambers gary grainger and mitch forman , its got a real funky / jazz edge to it ... top compositional tunes ...