Which foot do you use for your wah?

What's Hot
BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
I'm right footed and right handed, but I think I prefer the wah under my left foot. If it's under the right, my leg waggles the guitar body which puts me off my picking.

What about you lot?

(yes it's a slow Friday night here)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4699
    Bidley said:
    I'm right footed and right handed, but I think I prefer the wah under my left foot. If it's under the right, my leg waggles the guitar body which puts me off my picking.

What about you lot?

I've never used a wah, so I can't help.  I'm fairly sure it's Thursday, though.  ;)

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1443
    I wish I could play with left foot - but everytime I go to use one - yep - right foot - I can't break the habit. Still.. leg waggling the guitar body never bothered this fella:

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Right foot, and stand8ng only 
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    Right.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    Bidley said:

What about you lot?

I've never used a wah, so I can't help.  I'm fairly sure it's Thursday, though.  ;)

It's an honourary Friday, being bank holiday tomorrow!
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1200
    edited April 2022
    I'm right handed (and footed) and would actually like to use my left foot when standing. However I sing backing vocals and the position of the mic stand just to the right of my pedalboard makes it easier to use my right foot.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16423
    I would always try with my right foot but the upshot was that I would rock the body of the guitar at the same time making it even more difficult to play. Clearly I had the technique wrong. Perhaps it’s more of an ankle thing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I'm left footed, my whammy is on my left, I struggle to even click pedals on and off with my right foot without breaking concentration, let alone operate a treadle. I play guitar right handed
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4179
    I think it depends which leg is longest rather than which footed you are. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2345
    Right foot.
    Only weirdos use their left 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8852
    Right foot. Two reasons. Driving a car means that I have more precise control over my right foot, whereas the left is only used for banging the clutch in. When I started pedalboards weren’t a thing. You just assembled your pedals with a couple of patch cables. Putting the wah first, ie on the right, meant that the guitar cable went into something heavy, and was less likely to get pulled across the stage. Hands up who has tried to turn a pedal on or off, only to find that it’s been turned upside down, or pulled across the stage, by some energetic stage moves.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27838
    Right, not least because it's first in the chain but also because I have much better fine control with my right leg.  Same for Whammy and (especially) volume when I use them - you need that fine control. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30321
    Auto-wah.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1209
    Left, as it's always post dirt. But then I'd always skate goofy too.
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    Roland said:
    Right foot. Two reasons. Driving a car means that I have more precise control over my right foot, whereas the left is only used for banging the clutch in.

But don’t you need your right foot for the accelerator and brake, and doesn’t the door get in the way of your whammy bar anyway?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4883
    I don't have a wah, but I do have a volume pedal. Right foot. It's not first in the chain but I've cabled the board so it's the first on the right hand (foot) side.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    I'm not sure I'd want a lift with anyone who uses their accelerator like they use a wah-wah pedal.
    I don't have a dedicated wah pedal on my board at the moment, but I tend to prefer my left foot for vol/wah/exp.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10020
    edited April 2022
    I'm right handed but left footed, although I'm fairly competent with my "wrong" hand and foot thanks to years of Piano and organ playing (and football as a Teenager where I didn't realise i was left footed! I just thought I was a bit crap because I was using my right foot...). I can't play guitar left handed though, but that could be because I have a right handed guitar, who knows.

Last time I used a wah or a whammy it was my left foot even though the cabling was harder because they were at the start of the signal chain, but needed to be on the left hand/foot side
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2228
    I'm right handed but left footed...
    The other way around for me. I'm left handed but right footed. But I play guitar right handed. Also I hold a golf club or cricket bat right handed, which might explain why I'm useless at those sports.

Wah feels natural with my right foot, which is fortunate because that's where the pedal is on multi-FX units such as my Helix.

It's not a competition.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 677
    edited April 2022
    Right handed, right footed, wah with my left. Same reasons - due to guitar hang, it didn’t feel comfortable using my right.

My wah is also on the left side of my board - makes sense to have it there since I’m using my left foot. However, my wah is still first in my chain. No biggy for my guitar input as my wireless sits right next to the wah, but I need to do some extra cable routing to get back to the right hand side of my board