SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Navigator N-LP LTD 2008 Aged Goldtop

What's Hot
lewis_greylewis_grey Frets: 31
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
Hi guys, on the chopping block today is my Navigator Goldtop.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, Navigator is the custom shop historic reissue line of ESP/Edwards. The build and materials quality of these guitars are at least on a par with a Gibson CS Reissue and they aren’t officially exported outside of Japan as far as I’m aware.

This is the Navigator equivalent of an R7 with beautiful ageing/relic work, the arm wear also shows there’s a pretty substantial flame top under the Gold if that interests you. It has Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers installed which I believe are factory, I planned to change these but they sounded so good I felt no need to swap them out! I did however install some VIPots (closest modern day copy of a 50’s centralab) and some aged pointers just to finish off the vintage accurate look. It’s wired up 50’s style so cleans up and reacts much better on the controls than before but the original pots will be included.

I’d say it weighs in the low 9lbs and comes with a generic LP hard case, plays and sounds as good as any CS Gibson I’ve laid hands on. The neck is again, pretty comparable to a recent Gibson 50’s RI neck, it’s a good handful but not a complete baseball bat. There is some fret wear that I’ve tried to photograph, not too bad but a fret dress in the near future wouldn’t go a miss…rosewood board is a lovely rich chocolate brown, could easily pass for Braz but I’m quite sure it isn’t. 

SOLD
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8973
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one, thanks guys! Please pardon my ignorance…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Wow,if it had p90's and a STP sticker inbetween the pups....................
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266
    Apologies to OP (nice free bump)….I had a P90 Navigator & it was fantastic, so someone will be very happy with the one listed here…..My old one below  <3

https://i.imgur.com/WakRD7I.jpg
  • tone1 said:
    Apologies to OP (nice free bump)….I had a P90 Navigator & it was fantastic, so someone will be very happy with the one listed here…..My old one below  <3

https://i.imgur.com/WakRD7I.jpg
    That’s a beauty, the only reason I’m selling this is I’m much more of a P90 guy so your ex is very much up my street….they’re just so rare in the UK that I’ve never seen a P90 Nav! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hello, is the aged job done in the factory?
  • lewis_greylewis_grey Frets: 31
    edited April 2022
    Hello, is the aged job done in the factory?

Hi, I hadn’t actually considered the possibility that it wasn’t factory. It’s clearly been done to a professional/factory standard but I have no info to suggest one way or the other now you mention it…sorry!

If it wasn’t aged I probably wouldn’t have bought it tbh as new shiny Goldtops aren’t my thing.

Anyway, sound clip now added to original post!
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I have to second the greatness of Navigator guitars. I got a Goldtop in 2014 and it changed everything, I've bought mainly Navigators since then, but am currently thinning out the herd. The P90 Goldtop is here to stay though.
    Good luck to the OP, I'm sure it will sell quickly. I've never played a better Les Paul...

• Hydra19 said:
    I have to second the greatness of Navigator guitars. I got a Goldtop in 2014 and it changed everything, I've bought mainly Navigators since then, but am currently thinning out the herd. The P90 Goldtop is here to stay though.
    Good luck to the OP, I'm sure it will sell quickly. I've never played a better Les Paul...

Argh, you’re making me not want to sell it!….No, be strong…too many guitars…

That’s quite the pair, it would take some serious willpower for me to turn away a P90 Nav if one came up for sale!
  • Pm incoming - as owner of @Tone1 p90 goldie up above I feel its my duty to add a second to the fold =)

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266
    Pm incoming - as owner of @Tone1 p90 goldie up above I feel its my duty to add a second to the fold =)

Stand aside folks…….Aidan’s unstoppable when he’s got his eye on a new guitar! You have great taste matey….I’d fancy it too if I were closer. :3   
  • Lol @tone1.. was just relaying that story to Lewis! Looks like shell be part of a pair =) Fingers cd the logistics work out!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Absolute peach of a guitar! Love it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup, this one’s officially ON HOLD while @Aidanspaghetti and I work out logistics.

Thanks everyone!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom